Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #3921
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I can't wait until I get mine. I hope nothing is wrong with it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #3922
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I can't wait until I get mine. I hope nothing is wrong with it.
I haven't heard anyone having issues yet.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #3923
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Kinda trying to do the same thing! I just wish i could turn Juggernaut around like he is punching throu the shelf. It just doesn't look right thou. Not to mention his fist covers up Wolverine :P

House, will Juggs fit in the area where Pyslocke is placed?

BTW, love the pic of X-23
Old 10-22-2019, 07:02 PM   #3924
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This Juggernaut is a great piece. I've watched many reviews and would like to pick this up at some point. But this piece is $1390 or $1350 for those not on the waitlist.

So what is out there for less? How about most of the 1/3 pieces from Prime 1.

40" tall and under $1K.

Or maybe you like Superman in Black (sorry waitlist for the regular dude). 42" tall and under $1K.

Or Harley at 36" for $1099?

But ultimately yes we are buying the characters we want and not just basing things on price. But my point is Juggs is one of the worst statue values out there. And you even get hit with no art box. Yeah. Still a great sculpt and art direction for Juggernaut and on my wish list. Just won't pay that Sideshow tax.

I would really like to see someone put Juggs next to an actual 1/3 piece for comparison out of curiousity.
My point exactly. Just look at that DKIII Batman and Black Version Superman, those pieces are epic!
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:26 PM   #3925
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Price complainers....lol

If you are happy paying $1500 for this, why you care what other people say? I personally think it’s batsht nuts what they charge vs what you get.

Only reason it was selling is there hasn’t been any juggs statue yet at 1/4 (except a few crappy customs ) and low es. Once other brands start making juggs price for this will drop like a rock. And ex version won’t save it, not sure what they were smoking with that ex.

You need to sell it for $1750 just to break even, think about that for a sec.
You act like there's going to be a lot of different companies making a 1/4 Juggernaut...when there's only one that can and might, and their 1/7-1/6 version is going to be a grand or more shipped.

I admit SS has us by the balls here, but let's not act like we're going to get another great crack at the character anytime soon(licensed) unless Sideshow's 1/4 Marvel's license lockdown ever falls apart.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:43 PM   #3926
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Nice display House!

I had to do something similar for Thanos. It's part of the reason I didn't pull the trigger on Juggs.

Seeing all these great pics is making me want one.
Thank you! Don't blame you for not buying it, it is expensive and a space hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
House, will Juggs fit in the area where Pyslocke is placed?

BTW, love the pic of X-23
Yes, just it is really heavy and im afraid of the weight up that high on a besta. The shelf where Psylocke is, is not flush against the wall either. Trying to figure out what i want to do because it is so far from the wall. A Stuva for sure, would hold the weight i believe.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:27 AM   #3927
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Thank you! Don't blame you for not buying it, it is expensive and a space hog

Yes, just it is really heavy and im afraid of the weight up that high on a besta. The shelf where Psylocke is, is not flush against the wall either. Trying to figure out what i want to do because it is so far from the wall. A Stuva for sure, would hold the weight i believe.
House, make a template of the area where Pyslocke is, including the area that is not flush. I presume it will be a shield shape like Superman's chest emblem. Make sure edges of template covers the side of the shelf so that would be the support. Use the template and cut a piece of wood to the same shape and size. That should make it strong enough. If you want to be extra fancy, buy some edging to cover the cut edges (especially if you use the same type of material as your Ikea shelf.)
Old 10-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #3928
House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
House, make a template of the area where Pyslocke is, including the area that is not flush. I presume it will be a shield shape like Superman's chest emblem. Make sure edges of template covers the side of the shelf so that would be the support. Use the template and cut a piece of wood to the same shape and size. That should make it strong enough. If you want to be extra fancy, buy some edging to cover the cut edges (especially if you use the same type of material as your Ikea shelf.)
Nice, i will look for something that will match at home depot. I am sure they would do the cut as well for the piece! Thanks for the advice!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:03 PM   #3929
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Except that their 1/7 makes the sculpt of Greedshow's small 1/4 scale Juggernaut look like something from 2007. As in boring and underwhelming, along with underscaled.
Don’t be dazzled by all the debris in xm’s background/base, thats typical of xm, all flash and little substance (only to justify the Xtra Money that they charge.)

SS’s sculpt is superior and simply looks more powerfull than xm's. It encapsulates the idea of Juggernaut - Definition: a huge, powerful and overwhelming force or institution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Also, there's way less QC issues with XM, so that's added bonus.
XM has far worse problems than QC issues. Since you mentioned scale earlier have you seen xm’s mystique, now xm customers have to worry about getting statues that are out of scale. Thats an added concern if you ask me.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:10 PM   #3930
mva5580

I respect XM's creativity when it comes to their statues/switch outs in general but overall I'd buy Sideshow's stuff. In my opinion the price difference is (usually) not worth the statue difference.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote