Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #1851
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Agreed

I agree about price point. To me, these are an extension of the sucker punch line which were priced $299-$399.

However, These HT pieces are awesome and much better in person than pics. So many things could have been done to make this line a success. It is a shame we won't see fireball
I did email Gentle Giant on the subject of Fireball. So far no reply. I know they can be slow
Is it 100% they won't be making Fireball ?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:31 AM   #1852
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I did email Gentle Giant on the subject of Fireball. So far no reply. I know they can be slow
Is it 100% they won't be making Fireball ?
I emailed them a couple weeks ago, nothing yet.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:47 AM   #1853
gomur
The Tick

Call me inspired, so I went ahead and emailed GG as well. Takes but a couple of minutes and who knows... maybe they'll see that some of us are still on board.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:03 PM   #1854
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I finally got my Lucky review posted. All photos were taken on my iPhone 6s plus. No flash, just the room and two small studio lights (cheap ones).

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158079

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #1855
dechirico7
The Flash

I still want to start a petition for fireball...
It is sad that one of the best of the group isn't being produced
Old 11-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #1856
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I still want to start a petition for fireball...
It is sad that one of the best of the group isn't being produced
Please do. I'd be your first sign up.

It's hard (impossible?) to post directly to their Facebook's front page. All uploaded fan pics get placed in the site's "background". STILL, I have seen some fan uploaded pics where their FB moderator responds. So might be worth responding and liking the uploaded post below to gain some attention in addition to a petition.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #1857
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Anyone know where to get the best deal on Lucky?
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #1858
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
I spoke with a rep today, they will not make fireball, unless they can sell 500 unites, they will lose money, so it looks like the line will end with Lucky
This sucks. IMO, the best statue in the set. I loved the look. And since I am not rich, I cannot own them all, so this one was going to be the one I purchased.

How can they expect people to buy these if they STOPPED pushing this line as soon as the first one was released? And the fact that there is absolutely no lore, media, or anything associated with these characters is a huge detriment to this 500 unit ransom.

I am going to start a freakin petition if no one else does. This is so frustrating.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #1859
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
This sucks. IMO, the best statue in the set. I loved the look. And since I am not rich, I cannot own them all, so this one was going to be the one I purchased.

How can they expect people to buy these if they STOPPED pushing this line as soon as the first one was released? And the fact that there is absolutely no lore, media, or anything associated with these characters is a huge detriment to this 500 unit ransom.

I am going to start a freakin petition if no one else does. This is so frustrating.
I guess this post was all a lie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue01 View Post
You'd actually be surprised just how much background we've got. We're developing a whole universe for these girls to exist in, and right now we're looking in to the best method for us to share that story. On the surface, it's most certainly "Hot Chicks With Big Guns." Hell, I registered the domain name hotchickswithbigguns.com and we're going to point it at the Honey Trap site. Have no illusions that that's not the seed of this line. That's what we call a premise. It's what you do with the premise that counts, and I think once you see us rolling out the storyline, you'll see what I mean. Some interesting opportunities have risen out of the recent unveiling, and I think we're going to be able to tell this story in a bigger fashion than any of us imagined at first.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:30 PM   #1860
dechirico7
The Flash

If they wouldn't have delayed the line, pieces for so long it would have been way more successful. If they couldn't produce them the first two years after previewing them, they shouldn't have showed them that early. Collectors get aggravated after one year of waiting.They were also priced way too high.

I am going to see if I can set up a petition. I will post shortly if it works.