Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > West Side WAR Room

Old 04-09-2019, 03:13 AM   #831
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Nice. I currently do not have anything on order. I'm waiting on the Prime 1 Lee Bermejo Joker.
Nice! That should be a pretty sweet piece!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #832
Davidian
Omega Flight

Kind of digging the new SS Cable PF, but $700, yikes.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #833
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Kind of digging the new SS Cable PF, but $700, yikes.
I won’t say it in the thread out of respect for the artists involved but I just don’t get the hype surrounding this piece. Sculpt is nice enough but it lacks detailed depth in the paint. Guns and blue effect look far too cartoonish for my tastes. Price is ridiculous! For that much I would’ve just sprung for the far superior XM piece. Just my 2 cents though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #834
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I won’t say it in the thread out of respect for the artists involved but I just don’t get the hype surrounding this piece. Sculpt is nice enough but it lacks detailed depth in the paint. Guns and blue effect look far too cartoonish for my tastes. Price is ridiculous! For that much I would’ve just sprung for the far superior XM piece. Just my 2 cents though.
I definitely like the XM better, but I certainly don't like the character enough to pay the prices each of them are at. I added the SS PF to my wishlist for the hell of it though.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #835
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I definitely like the XM better, but I certainly don't like the character enough to pay the prices each of them are at. I added the SS PF to my wishlist for the hell of it though.
I hear that. It’s the main reason why I sold most all my 1:4 scale comic based characters. For the amount of characters I’d want the scale and price isn’t realistic. My Bowen collection will have to suffice for Marvel and XM/Tweeterhead for DC.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #836
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'm at a point where I'll typically only buy 1 statue a year (if that). I'd rather put the money towards comic art since I enjoy it more and it takes up way less space.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #837
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
I hear that. It’s the main reason why I sold most all my 1:4 scale comic based characters. For the amount of characters I’d want the scale and price isn’t realistic. My Bowen collection will have to suffice for Marvel and XM/Tweeterhead for DC.
Ugh, I think about some pieces I'd like to sell, then I just start thinking about how annoying it is to try and sell them as well as taking risks with people ripping me off.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #838
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I'm at a point where I'll typically only buy 1 statue a year (if that). I'd rather put the money towards comic art since I enjoy it more and it takes up way less space.
I did something similar a few years back when I swore off Sideshow and started getting heavy into screen prints. Once I started framing things and realized that expense along with how little wall space I truly had I got back into statues though. I might buy 1 print a year now, but I’m not really into filling a presentation case so if I’m never going to frame it I likely won’t buy it anymore. Luckily I never got into comic art or I’d be in big trouble.

Quote:
Ugh, I think about some pieces I'd like to sell, then I just start thinking about how annoying it is to try and sell them as well as taking risks with people ripping me off.
I’ve been very lucky over the years. Last time I checked I had around 100k in global sales over my lifetime on eBay since 2005. Kind of shocked me given I generally only sell things from my collection to finance new interests or different collectibles. Knock on wood but I’ve never received negative feedback in that time or had anyone out right try to scam me, but I’ve definitely had my share of difficult buyers/sellers. I have been outright screwed by UPS and FedEx however. Overall the good far outweighs the bad and without eBay I’d likely not be long for this hobby as I couldn’t afford it.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:58 AM   #839
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
I’ve been very lucky over the years. Last time I checked I had around 100k in global sales over my lifetime on eBay since 2005. Kind of shocked me given I generally only sell things from my collection to finance new interests or different collectibles. Knock on wood but I’ve never received negative feedback in that time or had anyone out right try to scam me, but I’ve definitely had my share of difficult buyers/sellers. I have been outright screwed by UPS and FedEx however. Overall the good far outweighs the bad and without eBay I’d likely not be long for this hobby as I couldn’t afford it.
Wow! That's a pretty solid number! I'd say overall I did fairly well on eBay too, but lately all of these horror stories and of course both them and PayPal upping their fees, just make the idea less appealing.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #840
Davidian
Omega Flight

Got my 1:3 Chun Li's last week. Pics posted here (starting at post 4726). Crazy size, but will definitely be the only 1:3 statues I own.