Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #411
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Wow, finally a good episode this season. Thinker is actually pretty cool now. Iris has to go though, cannot stand her anymore. She's the team leader now....lol. Right.

I know right, the person with no powers, no experience fighting crime, no brains (compared to the others who are scientists), and she's the one who runs the show...

It's like the writers feel they need to have another women in the show but don't know where to put her. She was tolerable in the first season where she was a part timer on the show and played a reporter. But now she's just annoying with all her nagging. It's like that one episode where she tells Barry to go down the one street and he goes down another, and all of a sudden it's off to couples counseling because he didn't listen to her.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #412
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I know right, the person with no powers, no experience fighting crime, no brains (compared to the others who are scientists), and she's the one who runs the show...

It's like the writers feel they need to have another women in the show but don't know where to put her. She was tolerable in the first season where she was a part timer on the show and played a reporter. But now she's just annoying with all her nagging. It's like that one episode where she tells Barry to go down the one street and he goes down another, and all of a sudden it's off to couples counseling because he didn't listen to her.
I agree, she's being written like an idiot and Iris was never stupid in the comics. They should have left her as a reporter.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #413
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I agree, she's being written like an idiot and Iris was never stupid in the comics. They should have left her as a reporter.
Rumor is he actress demanded a bigger part or was going to quit. Wish she quit.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #414
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

I laughed at that too. She really is annoying. That last episode was better though. #feminism
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:14 PM   #415
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Pfft let her quit. It's not like she's giving golden globe winning performances.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:03 PM   #416
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
I'd heard this too. I believe Iris' new role in the gang is a direct result of this. They really should just make her a reporter like she is in the comics. She could still have a meaty part playing a reporter. I hate the way she's now giving her Dad orders.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:18 AM   #417
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I'd heard this too. I believe Iris' new role in the gang is a direct result of this. They really should just make her a reporter like she is in the comics. She could still have a meaty part playing a reporter. I hate the way she's now giving her Dad orders.
Iris’ new role is almost as awkward and ill informed as Jimmy Olsen:Guardian on Supergirl. Almost.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #418
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
If this is the case I don't see why they would cave. It's not like she is the star or an integral part to the show. They could easily write her out.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #419
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
If this is the case I don't see why they would cave. It's not like she is the star or an integral part to the show. They could easily write her out.
In a weird way ... no they can't. As you may recall, the article that was found in the Reverse Flash's secret hide-out/compartment hidden within Star Labs back in season 1, was written by Iris West-Allen, implying that the two would eventually marry (it even had a date on it, which I can't remember).

This is another reason the show's writers should have just kept Iris a reporter. If the actress demanded more to do, why not just write her a larger investigative reporter's role. They could have done a lot with just that.
Also, Barry & Iris are/were one of comic's star-couples. To kill or write Iris out of the series, would raise some eyebrows & irk some comic fans, myself included.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:49 PM   #420
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The problem with all of these CW superhero shows is the title character is relegated to a guest star in their own series. If its not Iris taking center stage it’d be some other supporting player. The whole “Team Flash” approach has ruined the series for me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote