Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #11
ambasah
Red Skull

it would be cool if a SS rep can chime in. personally I think they are creating more problems for themselves by doing this. who knows what the currency rates will be 1 year from now?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #12
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
it would be cool if a SS rep can chime in. personally I think they are creating more problems for themselves by doing this. who knows what the currency rates will be 1 year from now?
I would guess that the price shown on the page is an estimate, and that they use the rate at the time the charge is made.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #13
ambasah
Red Skull

it would be awesome if we can get charged in Canadian funds, as long as the exchange rate is honest : )
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #14
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I believe they are now going to charge us in Canadian funds. Think I read that somewhere, like on their site or something.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #15
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Seems like they are charging a 3% premium too. They’re so great to us international collectors.
They wanna make money off of converting currency, too.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #16
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
If they're going to actually charge my card and declare the value for shipping in Canadian dollars, I think that's a benefit.
IF they are not going to charge a premium for the conversion, it will save money. Where there could be problems, if they are charging a premium, is on customs, where we will pay more. I’d imagine most people are paying with credit cards, which are 2.5% on conversion, but that doesn’t reflect on customs forms.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #17
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just saw that...weird !! Thanos is 1200 USD so it should be 978 EUR but on Sideshow website it's indicated 1003 EUR almost 25 EUR/ 30 USD difference from the real exchange rate...

Just asked Sideshow to charge me in one payement for New 52 GL so we will see ..i'm supposed to pay 675 EUR including shipping ( without custom and import fees) with the actual exchange rate which is pretty low ! 1 USD = 0,81 EUR
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:10 PM   #18
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Just saw that...weird !! Thanos is 1200 USD so it should be 978 EUR but on Sideshow website it's indicated 1003 EUR almost 25 EUR/ 30 USD difference from the real exchange rate...

Just asked Sideshow to charge me in one payement for New 52 GL so we will see ..i'm supposed to pay 675 EUR including shipping ( without custom and import fees) with the actual exchange rate which is pretty low ! 1 USD = 0,81 EUR
Yeah, it is weird indeed. I had a chat with CS, and they don't know much, as of now, as this was just implemented today. I'm using a debit card for my purchases, so anything above 1.50-1.75% surcharge on their part due to conversion is not helping me at all. Hopefully this will be an optional service.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 PM   #19
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Yeah, it is weird indeed. I had a chat with CS, and they don't know much, as of now, as this was just implemented today. I'm using a debit card for my purchases, so anything above 1.50-1.75% surcharge on their part due to conversion is not helping me at all. Hopefully this will be an optional service.
Just asked for a full charge on GL New 52 and 829 USD became 690 EUR instead of 675 EUR, maybe i'm wrong in my calculation...i've asked her if Sidewhow was taking any fees on this she said she doesn't have access to those informations
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #20
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yeah, hopefully we'll get clarification before the end of the week
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote