omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:05 PM   #22
adee
Green Arrow

I like the Venom comiquette and the Carnage PF
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #23
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Prime 1 gets my vote

Pros:

- Effects: I love the webs and symbiote (XM really should have kept their original concept in my books)
- Intensity: This one is scary
- Size: Venom should tower Carnage
- Switch out Heads: Other than the one with the exaggerated fangs, I love the other two heads

Cons:

- Proportions: The small legs vs hulk upper body really bothers me on this one

Sideshow:

Pros:

- Saw him live: He looks good. Thicker/Bulkier than I thought he'd be. If Venom wasn't curled up, he'd be a big one
- Venom's Body Proportionate: As I said, the only thing wrong with the Prime 1 in my books is the smaller legs. Sideshow at least doesn't have that issue

Cons:

- Skin Tone: I don't like the faded black and toad like skin on this one. I prefer Venom's Symbiote more deeper black
- Practical: I own the Venom Comiquette, Koto (Version 1) and soon Prime 1 Anti-Venom. Each one has their unique eye-catching features. I found nothing really special with this one.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #24
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I loved the P1 at first and had it on PO. The more I looked at it, the more I disliked it. The tendrils all over the place look like a hot mess to me. Glad, I took the opportunity to get my NRD back due to the delay of the piece.

I will be getting the Sideshow one.
I agree with you on the tendrils. I saw a picture of one without the tendrils attached, you could notice a hole in one of the arms, the rest of the holes were in the back so you couldn't see them. Maybe they will supply plugs for those who do not want to have them attached. XM studios did that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	110803  
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:26 PM   #25
banner23
Justice League

Prime 1 has been releasing some busts of there 1/3 statues lately. Would you like them to release a bust of Venom ? I think that would be great.
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #26
supermetroid
Teen Titans

For me:

XM Venom 9.5/10
SS Comiquette 9
SS PF 8.5
P1 8

Both SS's are a little on the smaller side but great sculpts. The P1's proportions and being a little too cartoony make him less intimidating to me despite being huge. XM's is near perfect.

I'd have an even harder time with picking the best Carnage, I think they're all great! It really comes down to what style you like best.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #27
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Prime 1 gets my vote

Pros:

- Effects: I love the webs and symbiote (XM really should have kept their original concept in my books)
- Intensity: This one is scary
- Size: Venom should tower Carnage
- Switch out Heads: Other than the one with the exaggerated fangs, I love the other two heads

Cons:

- Proportions: The small legs vs hulk upper body really bothers me on this one

Sideshow:

Pros:

- Saw him live: He looks good. Thicker/Bulkier than I thought he'd be. If Venom wasn't curled up, he'd be a big one
- Venom's Body Proportionate: As I said, the only thing wrong with the Prime 1 in my books is the smaller legs. Sideshow at least doesn't have that issue

Cons:

- Skin Tone: I don't like the faded black and toad like skin on this one. I prefer Venom's Symbiote more deeper black
- Practical: I own the Venom Comiquette, Koto (Version 1) and soon Prime 1 Anti-Venom. Each one has their unique eye-catching features. I found nothing really special with this one.
Then quite honestly, you don't understand what the P1 is based on, and I'm surprised it is your choice
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #28
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Then quite honestly, you don't understand what the P1 is based on, and I'm surprised it is your choice
The thing is, it's based on a lackluster five issue limited series. How many people want a thousand bucks statue of a comically cartoony-proportioned Venom just because that's the way it was depicted in an unmemorable limited series?

It's too bad, too, as the detail in those mouths is top-notch. Way to waste an otherwise great Venom sculpt.

Drop the 'minivenoms', give him normal-sized legs: boom, instant grail.

I know what it's based on. And I think it was a moronic decision if they weren't forced to go that way - and if they were, they should have waited rather than release this. I hope they revisit him soon.

Oh, while we're at it, let's have a $1000 Fred Hembeck Spidey based on that Assistant Editor's Month issue! It was part of the main series, too!

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #29
AC_808
Hercules

For me, I'll be displaying the P1 Venom next to the SSC Carnage PF.

P1, XM and SSC have great sculpts of Venom. But it only came down to a few things that swayed me to get the P1 version.

P1 has the standing pose rather than the crouching pose on the SSC version. P1 has the better Spider insignia than the XM version.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:20 PM   #30
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Venom's one of those characters I'll buy more than one statue, but I had dismissed the P1 and SS PF, already having XM and Koto.

But...

https://youtu.be/KT23uB5XaXg?t=11
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote