Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
xreynoldsxcorex
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Pre order pick ups

I totally got yelled at today but GG staff when picking up my pre orders after waiting in line for about a half hour (not too bad). I had my order confirmation in hand, my credit card that was used, and my drivers lics. But! the address on my ID is a PO Box and GG has my street address on record from being a guild member. So, while hundreds of people are waiting behind me to collect their items, she chewed me out and made it a point to loudly tell me to "next time be prepared and bring your utilities bill!"
I was pretty steamed, and then when I looked to check my items i seriuosly got the highest numbers possible.

What are others con experiences?
And did anyone who preordered get some nice low numbers? If so I am very jealous.
xreynoldsxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
fazzyfaz
Death is hereditary.

Shame on you for not having your birth certificate, deed to your house and current cholesterol report!!!!!!! Boy those GG people are lax!
fazzyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by xreynoldsxcorex View Post
I totally got yelled at today but GG staff when picking up my pre orders after waiting in line for about a half hour (not too bad). I had my order confirmation in hand, my credit card that was used, and my drivers lics. But! the address on my ID is a PO Box and GG has my street address on record from being a guild member. So, while hundreds of people are waiting behind me to collect their items, she chewed me out and made it a point to loudly tell me to "next time be prepared and bring your utilities bill!"
I was pretty steamed, and then when I looked to check my items i seriuosly got the highest numbers possible.

And did anyone who preordered get some nice low numbers? If so I am very jealous.

First she shouldn't have yellad at you, that's just dumb. Like they have everything okay... NOT.

Second what numbers do you have, low numbers only count when they are beneath 50 if you ask me.
Dont look at the number, just enjoy the bust or statue. At least you had the possibility to go there and buy one.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i was one of the first in line at 2pm and got my cody around 1600.

about 10 minutes to 2 people started standing where the line would be so GG started putting up the ropes. one guy asked one of the workers where the line was going to be and the GG guy yelled at him and tolled him he was standing in it already.

man they were killing me. they were *****in at the customers they were *****in at eachother. they had the ear pieces in and tried to look like the presidents secret sservice guys. even talking into the mouth piece in the sleeve. they set a schedule for when things could be bought and couldnt keep it.

the craziest thing i heard someone talking about was that they ran out of a preorder item for that day and he would have to come back the next day to get it. its a preorder item how could they not have them all. what if everyone who preorder shows up the first day and cant come back a second day.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
kingdomhearts
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xreynoldsxcorex View Post

What did you do to her?
Did you grope her or look down at her cleavage? Shame on you!

Just kidding
First of all, they are not supposed to yell at you. Customer is always correct! You should complain and maybe you will get a promo piece
kingdomhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
Rudy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Man thats tottaly ridicilous. Everyone in this hobby knows the most importand thing in this business is fun afterall this is a fun hobby. I think GG people think by making everything look serious they will get more respect, but are they wrong. Afterall this is not an arms dealer show those things being showcased and sold are things that make us happy and bring our inner child out (isnt that the time we re the happiest). So everyone involved in this should be happy and fun otherwise there is no point if its misserable experience.I believe making everything difficult could only result in one thing and that is customer dissatisfaction. I say we boycott GG and send in some complaint letters. If that doesnt solve it than they have no place in this bussiness. ( I would prefer standing on a DMV line anyday than have those GG pricks yell at me on a bust line.)
Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
mitthrawnuruondo
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

yelled at you?wow.
it cant see it being amanda,shes such a sweetheart.
maybe they have someone else working the cons these days.
mitthrawnuruondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #8
mrmoto
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I went to pick up my stuff towards the end of the day. They said I was too late and to come back the next day. I explained that I was only there the one day, and wouldn't be back. The jackoff just walked away from me.

I asked a lady, who was a little bit of help. Eventually, I got behind the rope, but I heard a bunch of comments from them. Very sh*tty people, they are, but I kept my cool.

There were only about 8 people ahead of me, but it took 40 minutes. I know it was a long day, but this was completely disorganized. It took Sideshow 2 minutes to get me in and out.

One lady at the end of the booth was getting reamed for something. I couldn't tell what, but I was embarrassed for her, as it was too damn loud and everybody was looking.

Then, they couldn't find my name on the list. The rest of the world used something called "the alphabet." It's a pretty good system.

I'm happy with my purchase, and will buy from them again. But begrudgingly. I don't need to be friends with everybody. I don't exactly need them to be nice to me. Neutral is fine. Just don't be an a$$ when people are giving you money.
mrmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #9
The Big Man
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

When they did the GG UK event it went like clockwork. Everyone in the line was updated with how many Bly busts they could purchase, we were all entered into a competition and there was constant t-shirt give-aways which was keeping the line entertained. And the reason this was so successful? Not a single GG member of staff was there!! It was all staff from the store Forbidden Planet. So if a few shop staff pulled in can organise an event why the hell can't Gentle Giant?? Makes ya think
The Big Man is offline   Reply With Quote