Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 PM   #2451
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharper View Post
I sent in a second request for a replacement today. The fiirst request was sent on 1/31/19 with no reply. There is no way they can tell me that the eyes are painted ok when the pupils are on the sides of the eye.
Attachment 120963
Ouch. And now, defective decals?

Too bad, because the decals were well positionned.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 PM   #2452
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Here's my opinion after receiving this piece. Mine came fine with no perceivable problems (and hopefully nothing after the return window).

Sculpt is awesome and definitely Harbottle. The best part of this piece. Respect.

Note: I just checked the website and this piece no longer includes the details for who was involved? No mention of Harbottle?
https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...64?var=3006641

Overall a very nice piece that will go well in any collection.

But, with the hype and lustfully deliciousness first impressions of the prototype piece the production version failed to impress. Again, sculpt is amazing! Paint work, it really depends on the type of lighting you put this under. The shading and flesh tones can either look very good, or dull in low light. The head has a slight fit issue as the hair sits on the shield and thus has a small gap which is there but can be overlooked. Sideshow QC. Anyone else have this? Light up feature is cool but really not necessary. And this brings me to the make or break of this piece on many peoples minds. The portrait. This is where the statue just can't deliver on the prototype promise. Assuming no googly eyes, the portrait is just good but not the goddess from proto. And that was what really failed to impress. The interesting thing about this piece though is over the course of several days the appeal has increased whereas today it really is a solid Wonder Woman. Look around at it's competition. In my opinion, it is the best one so far. Sure, they could not deliver on a prototype promise but maybe they set the bar too high. Maybe their onsite talent is just that good whereas the factories just can't replicate that gift.

So now, I am happy with this piece and I think over time many of you will be too. If Sideshow can make good on it's customer service and correct issues, maybe offer some discounts over time, this piece will sell well and stand as one of the best Wonder Woman pieces out. I look forward to seeing what the competition can do to beat this. Happy collecting!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #2453
NegativeZero
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm pretty happy with mine, she's absolutely stunning.

*Not sure why that picture rotated*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3298.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	120970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3321.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	120971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3320.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	120972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3308.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	120973  
NegativeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 PM   #2454
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yours has really good eyes Negative.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:25 PM   #2455
NegativeZero
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yours has really good eyes Negative.
Thank you. Feeling extremely lucky in this game considering what others are going through. Luck of the draw at this point.
NegativeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:52 PM   #2456
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post

Ok now this one is perfect! I'm picky and this one has no issue with the eyes. We can see the eyes are centered not any close to most of the bad ones we've seen, so there's hope some of these were good batches made. The lottery is on! Good luck to all!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:05 AM   #2457
whaplo
Fantastic Four

How do I get the perfect lighting for the statue to look perfect
whaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:22 AM   #2458
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post

Gorgeous, that looks purchasable. Everyone should be using this as reference when asking for their replacements.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #2459
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Got lucky with mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190202_105115.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	120985  
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #2460
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Here's my opinion after receiving this piece. Mine came fine with no perceivable problems (and hopefully nothing after the return window).

Sculpt is awesome and definitely Harbottle. The best part of this piece. Respect.

Note: I just checked the website and this piece no longer includes the details for who was involved? No mention of Harbottle?
https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...64?var=3006641

Overall a very nice piece that will go well in any collection.

But, with the hype and lustfully deliciousness first impressions of the prototype piece the production version failed to impress. Again, sculpt is amazing! Paint work, it really depends on the type of lighting you put this under. The shading and flesh tones can either look very good, or dull in low light. The head has a slight fit issue as the hair sits on the shield and thus has a small gap which is there but can be overlooked. Sideshow QC. Anyone else have this? Light up feature is cool but really not necessary. And this brings me to the make or break of this piece on many peoples minds. The portrait. This is where the statue just can't deliver on the prototype promise. Assuming no googly eyes, the portrait is just good but not the goddess from proto. And that was what really failed to impress. The interesting thing about this piece though is over the course of several days the appeal has increased whereas today it really is a solid Wonder Woman. Look around at it's competition. In my opinion, it is the best one so far. Sure, they could not deliver on a prototype promise but maybe they set the bar too high. Maybe their onsite talent is just that good whereas the factories just can't replicate that gift.

So now, I am happy with this piece and I think over time many of you will be too. If Sideshow can make good on it's customer service and correct issues, maybe offer some discounts over time, this piece will sell well and stand as one of the best Wonder Woman pieces out. I look forward to seeing what the competition can do to beat this. Happy collecting!

Well spotted...I wonder if he'd care to comment and tell us why
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote