Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-29-2005, 11:41 PM   #41
strange_one
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really don't think you should lump Hard Hero in the same field as DS or DF, by all accounts the quality is far greater
strange_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:45 PM   #42
bigben7
Kindly Asked To Leave

well i won a silver surfer on ebay yesterday and cant wait to get it and see for myself. doesnt mean i stop bowen,.just means im gonna be more selective on what bowen i buy.i think all the statues in the hard hero marvel line look awesome and true to comic art! i know bowen is also doing another thor, another cap, another hulk, namor and hawkeye... but i really like the look of the hard hero line.
bigben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:32 AM   #43
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

a few have stated about how the move from bowen would be tough. well, that's like every year buying the same car. diversity is good. if you haven't seen the HH statues in person, don't even knock it. the last i remember of this type of quality is legends in 3D. not to say that bowen doesn't have quality which his is superb but bowen statues mostly look like statues, not action poses. that being said, it's nice to see super high quality action poses. i think there's plenty of room in the market for both companies to survive comfortably.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:35 AM   #44
bigben7
Kindly Asked To Leave

drod, i hear ya. pm me back about my question on hard hero.i got a surfer off ebay since you sold yours out
Old 09-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #45
giro
The Riddler

all i know is there new hulk looks great so far , no cheese there
giro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #46
bigben7
Kindly Asked To Leave

i did get a silver surfer a fe weeks back for a good price of 165.00 shipped! i think its the best satue i have ever bought! i went and prordered the rest with drod that day! love it
Old 09-16-2005, 12:41 AM   #47
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Vandable
MMMMMMMMMmmmm......cheese!
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:36 PM   #48
mcterrel
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Have to be honest, if it came down to RB or HH, I'd go RB... *but*, since I'm now a middle-aged adolescent I can afford both so I bought all five HH APs... and two Captain Americas (an AP and a numbered version) because like RB at first, I think the line will appreciate over time...and I'm a lifelong Cap fanboy. As for quality - I have the Silver Surfer and with all due reverence for RB - I like it better than the RB FS versions... Norrin Rad's a cosmic adventurer - he's not the type to stand around with his board like a surfer waiting for a wave... the HH version looks like he's on a quest and speeding to some great adventure... the spirit of the HH sculpture is addictive and what started me as a HH collector... my advice - buy the first five while the getting's good - I think they'll go up in price within a few years.
mcterrel is offline   Reply With Quote