Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #1231
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If this piece is profitable, (which if not it would have been cancelled) then a lot of the pricing and ES factors we have been told are lies.
Even if it wasn't profitable cancelling it could have cost a ton more money. Even if you only break even or actually lose a little bit of money on each piece at the point it's at now cancelling it would mean throwing away a ton of money already spent.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #1232
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Even if it wasn't profitable cancelling it could have cost a ton more money. Even if you only break even or actually lose a little bit of money on each piece at the point it's at now cancelling it would mean throwing away a ton of money already spent.
Yeah profitable in the usual sense wasn't the right word.
Not considering the proto if putting Goro into production was going to cost more than bring in i.e. they wouldn't be spending $1,700 a Goro and only getting $1,400, they'd be worse off than they started and would have cancelled it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #1233
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah profitable in the usual sense wasn't the right word.
Not considering the proto if putting Goro into production was going to cost more than bring in i.e. they wouldn't be spending $1,700 a Goro and only getting $1,400, they'd be worse off than they started and would have cancelled it.
I doubt anyone would do that bad. Not-profitable most likely at it's worst I think would be a little under. $300 is wayyy to excessive. Remember breaking even is still not-profitable as well :P
Old 11-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #1234
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I doubt anyone would do that bad. Not-profitable most likely at it's worst I think would be a little under. $300 is wayyy to excessive. Remember breaking even is still not-profitable as well :P
I think there's a desperation for any kind of cash flow whatsoever.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #1235
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Yeah I'm starting to believe the theory that the best selling pieces were pushed onto the production fast lane to secure the cash and close those sales. Juri, She-Ra, the Howling wolf, who else is as old as Mileena/Goro but way behind in production?
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:35 PM   #1236
dao2
Cyclops

Juri is coming soon iirc.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #1237
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Yeah I'm starting to believe the theory that the best selling pieces were pushed onto the production fast lane to secure the cash and close those sales. Juri, She-Ra, the Howling wolf, who else is as old as Mileena/Goro but way behind in production?
Scorpion and Sub Zero.
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #1238
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Goro 1/3 is different from the ninjas in that he showcases Jerry's anatomy sculpting skillz better than most releases. Aftermarket appreciation is accelerating more slowly in general for everyone, so for such a large expensive niche piece, I'd expect WL converts, and it may linger in stock for a couple of months. This was one of the better ES calls in PCS history. No exclusive variants or anything, just 150.
Thanks for the response and I agree. I just feel that the Ninjas didn’t live up to the hype and I don’t see them really every being with more then $200 more then the retail piece, who knows.

I am holding on to my Kintaro 1/4 Bloody EX, I know this a keeper. It’s beautiful.
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #1239
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indridcold99 View Post
Thanks for the response and I agree. I just feel that the Ninjas didn’t live up to the hype and I don’t see them really every being with more then $200 more then the retail piece, who knows.

I am holding on to my Kintaro 1/4 Bloody EX, I know this a keeper. It’s beautiful.
Agree Kintaro is AWESOME! I'm only holding onto the ninjas to see how they look with Goro........
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:47 AM   #1240
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Goro's box posted on instagram..it's getting closer people!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqiZptkj...d=bjzusjdsyr1q
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote