Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #491
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Thats Funny ! I think the statue looks awesome but I couldn't justify the price to pre-order.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #492
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I think I prefer getting Batman and his rogues as separate 1/6th scale statues (that way I can choose who to collect in the rogue gallery). Not bad looking piece, but it has some flaws and I find it too pricey for it.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:33 AM   #493
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I think I prefer getting Batman and his rogues as separate 1/6th scale statues (that way I can choose who to collect in the rogue gallery). Not bad looking piece, but it has some flaws and I find it too pricey for it.
That’s the thing. This piece is really for the more hardcore Batman fan as it offers something that’ll likely never be replicated in this scale. If, and it’s a BIG if, you ever see all these rogues sold as separate 1:6 scale pieces it’ll be many, many years from now. Only one company out there that might even tackle it and that’s Tweeterhead. That being said I still wouldn’t put money on seeing Man-Bat and/or Clayface. So for the more casual collector that would rather pick and choose rogues like yourself I get being turned off by the price tag. For me however getting 12 characters for roughly $215 a piece (even though some aren’t full renderings) is a reasonable price. Not to mention the footprint this’ll require is much more space friendly than having them all displayed individually.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:39 AM   #494
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That’s the thing. This piece is really for the more hardcore Batman fan as it offers something that’ll likely never be replicated in this scale. If, and it’s a BIG if, you ever see all these rogues sold as separate 1:6 scale pieces it’ll be many, many years from now. Only one company out there that might even tackle it and that’s Tweeterhead. That being said I still wouldn’t put money on seeing Man-Bat and/or Clayface. So for the more casual collector that would rather pick and choose rogues like yourself I get being turned off by the price tag. For me however getting 12 characters for roughly $215 a piece (even though some aren’t full renderings) is a reasonable price. Not to mention the footprint this’ll require is much more space friendly than having them all displayed individually.
The biggest flaw I see from this piece is the lack of Riddler (and for me, inclusion of man-bat and clayface). I also find some of the individual sculpt to be weak (catwoman and poison ivy), which I think is due to the painter/sculptor having to work on many characters all at once. As separate statues, it may take longer to collect them, but the company will make each of them with same amount of detail and focus, which I think the Bat rogues deserve. If Tweeterhead is the only one, then so be it.

These (subjective) flaws make the price really hard to swallow. Everyone has different standards, so I guess this just doesn’t meet up to mine. That being said, I am really glad for those who love this and excited for this though. This is something new that has never been done by other companies. And XM deserves praise for this.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:25 AM   #495
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Ang Seng

"Done and off to studio for photo shoot...", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #496
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Bryan Tan

"Some closer look at the smoke colors that Seng finalized. The details might be lost from the Facebook conversion but the details are much better than what was seen at NYCC!", Bryan Tan.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #497
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post

I love this photo!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #498
Mister H
Green Goblin

Cool photos.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:01 PM   #499
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I’d buy that lol
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:20 AM   #500
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

This piece looks spectacular and is by and large a statement piece for DC fans. Pieces like this don't come along every day and it's a fantastic opportunity to own Bats and the majority of his rogue gallery all in one expertly crafted piece.

I have been keeping my eye on the progress of this piece for quite some time and I really like what I am seeing in these latest pics. I don't see another piece of this caliber that includes all of the characters we see here along with Bats coming along any time soon if ever and I think for what we are getting here the price is fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I couldn't agree more Hellboy. I had briefly considered jumping into XM's 1:6 scale DC line but quickly realized to get all the pieces I wanted assuming they made them would be too costly and take up too much display space in my collection. This piece is the perfect solution for me.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote