Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #101
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I agree about the spidey and x-men line granted i do think well see a cable given that there is a movie coming out but otherwise i have no faith in either of those lines. However with dc/justice league/batline they've slowly but steadily been releasing new characters and practically just revamp the foundational dc characters in a few months which was sorely needed. I definitely think flash is around the corner too.
I could have done without ALL the revisits and taken a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF instead (among other characters). Finish off the classic Big 7 at least and then start in with the revisits.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #102
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
For Two-Face, I'd like to see him standing with a gun in his left hand pointing in the direction he's looking at. With an angry visage and him flipping his coin in his right hand.

I imagine transparent resin to show the coin flipping in the air with his coin at the top of the transparent resin. Making him look like he has the viewer in his sights and he is letting his coin decide to pull the trigger or not.

EX could be a change of left hand with a different size gun ...and an even angrier face.
I'd buy it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:29 PM   #103
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I could have done without ALL the revisits and taken a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF instead (among other characters). Finish off the classic Big 7 at least and then start in with the revisits.
I don't even mind the revisits. I'm more upset that the first line wont be continued when they only had two left to do. I wanted fabric, captain morgan poses, origin bases, the whole nine yards.

I think this Joker is really cool and looks great but the first one was magic. I realize there are many who much prefer fully sculpted, myself included, but the cut and sew on Joker makes it.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #104
BurningRage
Inhumans

These six revisists will sell regardless of costume choice due to the popularity of the characters but I would’ve preferred six new DC characters in classic costumes. Seems the only option now is the Tweeterhead line to get a variety of DC characters.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #105
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I don't even mind the revisits. I'm more upset that the first line wont be continued when they only had two left to do. I wanted fabric, captain morgan poses, origin bases, the whole nine yards.
For me it doesn’t end with the seven. I want at least Green Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, The Atom, Shazam, Red Tornado and Plastic Man. A Legion of Doom to oppose them would be good too. Teen Titans would’ve been nice too.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #106
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
For me it doesn’t end with the seven. I want at least Green Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, The Atom, Shazam, Red Tornado and Plastic Man. A Legion of Doom to oppose them would be good too. Teen Titans would’ve been nice too.
Yeah but I could have forgiven them for changing direction after the seven. Doing it before was kinda douchey.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #107
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Yeah but I could have forgiven them for changing direction after the seven. Doing it before was kinda douchey.
SS has never struck me as a company with a sense of direction lol.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #108
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

Bonkers.

These are both wildly different from the originals, which is how you do revisits without stepping on anyone toes.

Kudos to the art direction. Will be keeping an eye on both.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #109
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
SS has never struck me as a company with a sense of direction lol.
As far as character selection, I'm not sure.

I can't help but think it's savvy to always keep a few A-listers in the chamber to keep people on the hook.

Collectors are looking at it from their own interests obviously. Part of me is frustrated to see them basically re-do most of the DC line as the direction for the next couple of years when I'm sitting here waiting for the Flash, among others, but I'm not sure I would attribute it to lack of direction on SS's part.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #110
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
As far as character selection, I'm not sure.

I can't help but think it's savvy to always keep a few A-listers in the chamber to keep people on the hook.

Collectors are looking at it from their own interests obviously. Part of me is frustrated to see them basically re-do most of the DC line as the direction for the next couple of years when I'm sitting here waiting for the Flash, among others, but I'm not sure I would attribute it to lack of direction on SS's part.
Lack of direction in the sense that money/business largely dictates what statues get made, not necessarily the direction or choices of the art director(s). Occasionally they may take a vote and throw in a wild card character, but for the most part they stick with what makes money(repeats etc). Though i suppose that would make money SS’s sense of direction.

Granted in saying that it baffles me why they haven’t made the flash, he’s arguably the 4th most popular and important member of the league and would be a huge seller. Even though i think he’s gonna be at sdcc2018 i’m surprised he hasn’t been made yet.

Lastly I Love everything SS is currently doing as i have none of the original trinity, harley, joker, ivy or the marvel pfs
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote