Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-27-2020, 07:30 PM   #371
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Now imagine how the internet would respond if the genders were reversed.
Something similar occured in Face/Off with Cage and Travolta.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #372
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I just don’t understand why they didn’t just have Maxwell Lord be comic Maxwell with his powers. Then they could have had Barbara find the artifact that gave her the god powers. No ridiculous, painful, convoluted “wish” plot.

Does anybody read these scripts before they are approved bc I want to know who thought this was great. It’s pretty damn bad.

And that f**king invisible jet scene. Ugh. Painful. The funniest part was my husband saying “That plane wouldn’t even make it across the Atlantic, let alone to Egypt. It doesn’t hold that much fuel.”
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:19 PM   #373
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Something similar occured in Face/Off with Cage and Travolta.
Good call.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:43 PM   #374
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I just don’t understand why they didn’t just have Maxwell Lord be comic Maxwell with his powers. Then they could have had Barbara find the artifact that gave her the god powers. No ridiculous, painful, convoluted “wish” plot.

Does anybody read these scripts before they are approved bc I want to know who thought this was great. It’s pretty damn bad.

And that f**king invisible jet scene. Ugh. Painful. The funniest part was my husband saying “That plane wouldn’t even make it across the Atlantic, let alone to Egypt. It doesn’t hold that much fuel.”
Even if you ignore the logistics issues (payphone in Cairo calling back to DC in the 80s) of how fast they fly there and back on a somehow fully fueled jet by someone with 60 year old outdated pilot knowledge my biggest issue is basic writing of set up and pay off.

Good method.
Set up. Time. Problem. Pay off.

Bad Method.
Problem. No time. Set up. Pay off.

Diana knew stealing the plane was an issue and they would have radar. So, the plan was to use this "pulled this out of my butt" magic power that she can turn objects invisible?? Inserting a story element, and then ignoring it the rest of the film (I'd be shocked if it was back in the third film as well).

I'm not asking for award winning writing, but this is basic stuff. Simplify your elements and focus and think through the story to make it flow to avoid having to pull these cheap short cuts (shocking, the film actual nature defies its own message!!!)
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:40 AM   #375
Y3E
Gen 13

$85 mil worldwide bo. WB announced 3rd movie

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...arner-bros/amp
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:17 AM   #376
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
$85 mil worldwide bo. WB announced 3rd movie

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...arner-bros/amp
I’ll also bet there was tons of $$ from HBO that went towards that decision too.

I watched it tonight. Didn’t think it was a bad movie for what it was. Just a bad Superhero movie. And there felt like there was barely any super hero moments. Definitely needed more Gal in what was a Wonder Woman Movie.
Linda Carter had almost as much screen time as her..( at least how it felt.)
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #377
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Warn a Brother quick to greenlight a 3rd movie...I want to see how much it drops by the end of this week...
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:29 AM   #378
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Warn a Brother quick to greenlight a 3rd movie...I want to see how much it drops by the end of this week...
Yes, agree. Most big budget movies have great first weekends. It is the 2nd and 3rd weekends that determine whether it will be a hit or not.

Anyone else feel like a 3rd WW movie would be better off without Jenkins? This 2nd movie (the more I think about it) really is a train wreck. I initially rated it a 6/10 but I think that is dropping to 3 or 4 out of 10.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #379
Augen
Green Arrow

After the first I only wanted Jenkins. Now? I'd be fine with many others at the helm. Maybe she can redeem, but that needs to start on day one with the script of WW3.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:00 PM   #380
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Yes, agree. Most big budget movies have great first weekends. It is the 2nd and 3rd weekends that determine whether it will be a hit or not.

Anyone else feel like a 3rd WW movie would be better off without Jenkins? This 2nd movie (the more I think about it) really is a train wreck. I initially rated it a 6/10 but I think that is dropping to 3 or 4 out of 10.
Agreed, the following weeks is usually when most people will see it 2nd and 3rd time, but this movie is a "watch once and forget about it"... If there was no COVID I doubt this movie would make a billion as I doubt many would see it twice let alone 3 or 4 times, and that's the only way a movie makes a billion...

I think the story for the first Wonder Woman was already planned out by Snyder and company, so Jenkins already had a path to follow, with the 2nd movie she took more creative control and this is what she came up with which tells me she's not that talented after all, not without help. I seriously doubt the 3rd Wonder Woman will be any better than this... It seems Action is a low priority for Women writers/directors, which is weird since Comic Book Movies are supposed to have lots of action in them... They didn't succeed with the love story angle either. What a mess of a movie...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote