Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > The Dazzler Group

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #9531
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
I believe that they seal the graded comic in an acrylic case, so that it can't get damaged further. So the return trip is safe enough. That's a good idea about using the Priority Mail box. I really need to get our Dark Phoenix run graded and safe. (Yes, Jim has the entire first-run of the DP saga, in really excellent condition.)
As do I.....

I may do that as well.

RIght now,....I'm on a mission to get graded the issues that I intend to use for displays!!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #9532
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Just pack them safely when you ship it to them, not in an envelope but in a box. Bag and boarded with an additional piece of cardboard in between each one and then wrap that in bubble wrap and put it in a box and then put that box inside a bigger box that's in packing peanuts protecting the first box.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #9533
touche22
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Luis, they are fairly slow getting the books back after grading. They do show on their web site how they are doing currently on shipping times, for example: Right now for "Modern" books sent in to be graded that CGC recieved on June 4th, those batches of books have been graded and are either shipped out or about to be shipped out. Other categories will show if their turn around times are "on time".
Ship them is a secure box and insure the box!
A new service they offer is called "PRE SCREENING" where if you send in a bunch of books to be graded, you specify what minimum grade you would like the books to be graded. They pre-screen the books and "reject(do not grade) whatever books they determine will not meet your minimum grade.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #9534
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by touche22 View Post
Luis, they are fairly slow getting the books back after grading. They do show on their web site how they are doing currently on shipping times, for example: Right now for "Modern" books sent in to be graded that CGC recieved on June 4th, those batches of books have been graded and are either shipped out or about to be shipped out. Other categories will show if their turn around times are "on time".
Ship them is a secure box and insure the box!
A new service they offer is called "PRE SCREENING" where if you send in a bunch of books to be graded, you specify what minimum grade you would like the books to be graded. They pre-screen the books and "reject(do not grade) whatever books they determine will not meet your minimum grade.

I guess for me,....I kinda don't understand the payment process,....so am I to assume that they base their charges on the value of the book....???

Fort example,....if I send them a copy of Giant Sized X-men # 1,...and IN MY UNTRAINED eye,...I think it may be a 6.0 or 6.5,....and they send it back and it's a 5.0,.......how much do they charge me......?????
Old 08-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #9535
touche22

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
I guess for me,....I kinda don't understand the payment process,....so am I to assume that they base their charges on the value of the book....???

Fort example,....if I send them a copy of Giant Sized X-men # 1,...and IN MY UNTRAINED eye,...I think it may be a 6.0 or 6.5,....and they send it back and it's a 5.0,.......how much do they charge me......?????
Depends on the Maximum value of the book. I would guess GS X-Men #1 would only cost you the "Modern" price of $16.00 since it was published in 1975 and the value in that condition is not more than $1000.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #9536
touche22

You can only ask for the pre screen service if you are sending in a lot of books, at least 20 or 30.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #9537
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by touche22 View Post
Depends on the Maximum value of the book. I would guess GS X-Men #1 would only cost you the "Modern" price of $16.00 since it was published in 1975 and the value in that condition is not more than $1000.
I need to pick that up, still.

I got Caiera's first appearance recently... 9.7 or 9.8 I think it was... minty-mint condition. My only CGC comic...

Kitty Pryde's first appearance would be next.. I honestly don't like the whole "CGC" process, but I see the relevance in it (besides higher re-sell value, natch). Obviously it holds weight for your near-mint issues of value.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #9538
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Okay.. I'll be the person to mention this today.

Red Wolf... before... Dazzler?! HAHAHAHA!!

Love ya, Randy.. and we know you enjoy Red Wolf, so you're more than entitled to sculpt him... but...

There's a lot of sheep on these forums, I might add. Haha. A LOT of sheep.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #9539
JonoJ108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Kitty Pryde's first appearance would be next..
that's a fantastic comic. & those were the Byrne-Claremont glory days, too, so i bet a "mint condition" issue from that era would be worth $$$$.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #9540
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Dazzler Con 08 at Dan's House !!!!

Yeah.. if Bergen would ever get back to me.. haha.
Usually he's really quick with his return emails (which has spoiled me... he's one of the busiest guys in the industry). I'm actually going to be in Seattle the first half of September now, so you guys might want to meet up without me.

When I DO come down, we can always just meet up again, or not.
Closed Thread