Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #1381
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i was extremely skeptical at first when i saw the sneak. but after watching several more times. im diggin it.
i even like the saber hilt. it def could have more of a function than what was initially shown.

i just want to know what the wompa sabers are for. thats if they are really going to be used in the film..

cant wait for this film. looks to be killah.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #1382
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Why Did ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Stars John Boyega and Daisy Ridley Suddenly Leave Twitter?
I was wondering why I couldn't locate their Twitter accounts today. This article is from end of September 2014.

And this was all before even a single official photo/video of her made online. Can't imagine the vitriol they would be facing after the movie when more people discover them. Some fans are just vicious. Apparently many were also constantly harassing her online for info on the movie.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #1383
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

It was a good teaser. I think that lightsaber is going to be the main talking point. I've got to see it in action to make my mind up but I fail to see how the guard will be anything other than a hindrance to the wielder.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #1384
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post

i was extremely skeptical at first when i saw the sneak. but after watching several more times. im diggin it.
i even like the saber hilt. it def could have more of a function than what was initially shown.

i just want to know what the wompa sabers are for. thats if they are really going to be used in the film..

cant wait for this film. looks to be killah.
Yeah, I was let down at first but it's growing on me.

After all these years though, they could have done much better with the teaser. It did not feel epic or magical IMO.

The opening scene of the teaser was very weak and the music they chose was poor for the first part of the trailer. Thankfully they used the main theme when the Millenium was there though. That part was good but I so wish they did a quick cut to Han and Chewie in it. That would have really put the trailer over the top! It needed something like that.

I probably would have liked the first part better if the music was a classic Star Wars score.

The lightsaber is not a big deal, sure it will be cool. Anyone else hear the probe droid right after it shows Boyega? It's there for sure.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #1385
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

All these Years?

Disney only bought Star Wars two years ago. I'm surprised by how quickly they reached this point.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:01 PM   #1386
Sithlord32
New Republic

I thought the trailer was great. The new musical score is needed and it is dramatic. Whos to say that part is any kind of opening sequence? Opening sequence to the trailer yeah but its taken out of its context so perceiving it any other way than just a sneak is just placing yourself in a world judgment which will most likely lead to an overly skeptical viewpoint and leave less room to enjoy the film for what it is.

The scene with the X-wings skimming over the water is friggin epic as were the T.I.E. fighters on what looks to be Tattooine. Not much of those ships is ever scene but in space so seeing them in an atmospheric battle with the falcon is great.

The functionality of the Siths saber guard is just to vague to try and really speculate an informative answer on. It could be for looks it could be purposeful who knows at this point guess we will see next December. Perhaps it only lights up when its ignited or perhaps its there to keep warmth in the hands of the wielder as it looks quite cold where he was standing.

All in all im still as amped as ever for this even not more so. It looks like a lot of fresh takes and material and im keeping faith that its going to rock our socks off.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #1387
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
People can do what they want. If they want to get their collecive panties in a bunch over 1 minute of footage I certainly won't get in their way. To me those criticisms simply amount to nothing at the moment. No one has seen the movie. Aside from talking about your level of interest in a new Star Wars movie, there really isn't anything else to discuss. But that isn't how the Internet works. We have constantly complain about something. A few days ago it was Jurassic World. Now it's Star Wars.
Agree. To me this was just what it was: a teaser. Very little content and mostly hype. I thought it was fun but got nothing else from it. Holding any and all judgment for a full trailer or, better yet, the film itself. Just not too pumped from this teaser but interested to see what's next.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #1388
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
The trailer is exactly what I expected... nothing more than a teaser showing simple glimpses, but no substance.
Yup, made the same point above.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #1389
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
A guard is not sharp by design, it's not the same thing. And I talked about spinning not swinging it.
This points to good things in my opinion. Useless blade spinning only serves to look cool. Not practical unless your wrist rotates like Grievous. I hope for more realistic combat. Plus I'm sure the hilt could be deactivated (by Force if necessary). Maul didn't always use both blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
That poor droid is going to catch a lot of flak if he is a main character lol.
One of the more intelligent designs I've ever seen. Other than hovering or tank treads, a ball sure makes a hell of a lot more sense than any other design (wheels, bipedal, etc) for navigating sand.

The amount of disbelief I had to suspend to believe 3PO and R2 made it out of those sand dunes...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #1390
SONICobra
Batman

for what it was I thought it was awesome, I may watch ROTJ tonight in honor of the occasion
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote