Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #781
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
The taller IMAX ratio is great. I hated the widescreen version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
My wife and I saw it first in Imax and a few days later went to a regular showing. I'd recommend an Imax screening, especially if you go to an early showing for a more reasonable ticket price. It was more an experience than just a viewing with the louder volume and bigger screen, if that makes sense.

I'm thinking of taking another Imax trip myself.
IMAX it is then. Thanks.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:29 AM   #782
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I wish there was IMAX in my city... :/ I actually saw the film in Ankara, i was at Ankara at the time and there were IMAX theathers at there but the one i went was full :/ so i went to a regular theather... I didn't have time for another session, i needed to catch a bus. :/ I saw the IMAX and regular widescreen compereson on youtube or something btw, and IMAX shows alot more sections in every scene... :/ So if you have a chance to watch it in IMAX, definitely go for IMAX.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:11 AM   #783
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Think people need to relax a little. It's just a film we're all talking about.

For clarification of one of my earlier comments (which to be honest I shouldn't have to do, but oh well), when I said that watching films I shouldn't have made me less sensitive, I didn't mean in a 'kids are goddamned snowflakes these days' kind of way. What I meant was it made me understand very early that horror and monsters and films are all fantasy, and I didn't have nightmares or episodes or anything like that. I became less sensitive to the medium.

Part of that was good parenting I suppose. My parents were always pretty good at explaining things in films were not real.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:14 AM   #784
RichBamf

If the last movie is Cap's swan song, it will make me a very sad fan.

Cap has been the heart of the MCU, and the Avengers movies in general, and I can't see anyone filling those shoes, much as I would like to see Sebastian Stan take up the mantle.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:34 AM   #785
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
If the last movie is Cap's swan song, it will make me a very sad fan.

Cap has been the heart of the MCU, and the Avengers movies in general, and I can't see anyone filling those shoes, much as I would like to see Sebastian Stan take up the mantle.
There might be too much baggage, both within the story and from a viewer's perspective, to letting a (brainwashed) ex-villain become the new Captain America. I think it'd be more palatable if Falcon replaced Steve Rogers.

Having typed that...Black Panther could be the new leader as he's also already the leader of a country.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:39 AM   #786
RichBamf

Quote:
There might be too much baggage, both within the story and from a viewer's perspective, to letting a (brainwashed) ex-villain become the new Captain America. I think it'd be more palatable if Falcon replaced Steve Rogers.

Having typed that...Black Panther could be the new leader as he's also already the leader of a country.
I would be absolutely fine with BP being the new Avengers lead, but I hated Sam as Cap in the comic. I actually really like the interplay between Sam and Bucky in Civil War, and think it'd be a nice counter point to Sam and Steve's relationship.

I see what you're saying about the viewer perspective, but what better way to get him back over as a hero as taking over the Cap mantle. He's already been treated quite sympathetically in Civil War.

It's a tough proposition either way though, Chris Evans absence will not prove an easy fix.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:48 AM   #787
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I like idea of Bucky as Cap as well. They can take more ideas, even story arcs for films from Brubaker's Cap run which is a great run as far as i heard.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:00 AM   #788
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:

Have you read Captain America? Bucky already replaced Cap momentarily. Check The death of Captain America (Captain America vol. 5 #25 - 42). Great story by Ed Brubaker.

Also, T’Challa is a great king, but he is not Steve Rogers. Cap is irreplaceable.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:05 AM   #789
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Have you read Captain America? Bucky already replaced Cap.
Yes, I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Also, T’Challa is a great king, but he is not Steve Rogers. Cap is irreplaceable.
And yet Cap was replaced by (several) other characters as you yourself already referenced.

What I really want to see is...American Dream.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:09 AM   #790
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:

What I really want to see is...American Dream.

Not popular enough.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote