Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-15-2015, 03:20 PM   #171
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Since they are allowing me to send in the head and get a replacement, I will reserve judgement on this line until then. I am however canceling my pre-orders until I see the updated Vampirella. I had both Purgatori and Jungle Girl on pre order. If Vampirella's 2nd rendition comes out ok, I will give the line another chance.

At least they owned up to it. Gotta give credit for that.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:41 PM   #172
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Since they are allowing me to send in the head and get a replacement, I will reserve judgement on this line until then. I am however canceling my pre-orders until I see the updated Vampirella. I had both Purgatori and Jungle Girl on pre order. If Vampirella's 2nd rendition comes out ok, I will give the line another chance.

Yes, definitely giving Nick Barucci a ton of credit.

I think for the time being, it probably is a good idea to consider cancelling pre-orders and wait for the replacement Vampirella to arrive and see if any improvements were indeed made.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #173
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Sorry to hear that my man. Are you considering getting a refund since you won't display it?

Seriously, Dynamite needs to get their heads outta the sand and formally acknowledge this complete blunder on their website, then pull the statues from retailers, and offer full refunds for anyone gullible enough to buy this overpriced flea market junk.
I would consider returning it but in all the non-recoverable I incurred, (shipping, duties, taxes, additional postal handling charges) to tack on even more return shipping charges it's just not worth the effort. I would have still amasses substantial charges and have absolutely nothing to show for it.
With Dynamite expressing they are going to try and make things right with this, I might consider taking them up on it. Time will tell.
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #174
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando2 View Post
I would consider returning it but in all the non-recoverable I incurred, (shipping, duties, taxes, additional postal handling charges) to tack on even more return shipping charges it's just not worth the effort. I would have still amasses substantial charges and have absolutely nothing to show for it.
With Dynamite expressing they are going to try and make things right with this, I might consider taking them up on it. Time will tell.
Okay. I would highly encourage you to pursue Mr. Barucci's plan of return/exchange and write them via e-mail or facebook, letting them know of your situation and the investment you've already made.

Dynamite should pay for ALL expenses in your case.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:00 PM   #175
ahabmike
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Big time. Stunning to see in this day and age. Returned mine; hoping for the best. Even if it doesn't work out, I'm still impressed by the sincere mea culpa. So many "apologies" (business and otherwise) these days are anything but, soaked in deflections and finger-pointing.
ahabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:08 PM   #176
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

My source said diamond has no replacements so I won't be getting it. Yay! Even if I got one without the paint issues I wasn't keen on the sculpt once I had seen it in person.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #177
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Okay. I would highly encourage you to pursue Mr. Barucci's plan of return/exchange and write them via e-mail or facebook, letting them know of your situation and the investment you've already made.

Dynamite should pay for ALL expenses in your case.
I did contact them via email and explained the whole situation and Nick Barrucci did reply and said to hold off and wait until they had a chance to check out if the new batch ordered met their expectations quality wise before doing anything. They said they would be issuing further instructions once they were satisfied with the quality but did add that the process would be to cut off the head and return it with the COA.
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #178
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
My source said diamond has no replacements so I won't be getting it. Yay! Even if I got one without the paint issues I wasn't keen on the sculpt once I had seen it in person.
the statue is beyond help because yes, the sculpt is just messed up. no paint can fix that.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:20 AM   #179
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I saw this at a lcs and it's extremely poorly painted. So much potential. Glad I decided to wait until it is fully revealed.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #180
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando2 View Post
Nick Barrucci did reply and said to hold off and wait until they had a chance to check out if the new batch ordered met their expectations quality wise before doing anything.
Glad he's communicating with you. Hopefully their next batch is an improvement!