Old 11-21-2016, 10:39 PM   #1011
slynger
Hellboy

Thanks, I ended up coming across one.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #1012
4renzy
Fantastic Four

Just notice on SS website that the exclusive says sold out and no longer available on waitlist. I got on the waitlist a week after the preorder.
Anybody else convert recently?

I'm still waiting.
4renzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:55 AM   #1013
hordeall
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

mine converted... I think I jumped on the WL right after the EX sold out
hordeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #1014
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

This one will be highly sought after. It's a Grail piece, for me at least, a great representation of my favorite comic of all time.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #1015
slynger
Hellboy

There will still be a handful of cancellations. Especially when it comes time to ship this out. Although, if you didn't get on the WL by now, it's a dangerous waiting game at this point.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #1016
COI

I said it earlier, but if it's even hinted that another company is planning a 1/4 version before this ships, people will jump this ship. Not because this piece isn't awesome, but because people will rethink the size and cost. These 1/3 pieces are a commitment.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #1017
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I said it earlier, but if it's even hinted that another company is planning a 1/4 version before this ships, people will jump this ship. Not because this piece isn't awesome, but because people will rethink the size and cost. These 1/3 pieces are a commitment.
Agreed. Though I'd argue many might keep this order despite preferring a 1:4 scale rendition, then pick their favorite down the road. I don't see this piece losing value like a lot of things in this hobby nowadays so buying it with the understanding they could potentially flip it and at least make their investment back will likely appeal to some. Not saying that'll for sure happen, but I think the potential is at least there.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #1018
Das Brutah
The Avengers

1/3 size is pretty huge

I wish they made an alternate portrait where the cowl totally covered the bottom of the nose. I know it nitpicky, just a preference .... Looks like it will be mod time.
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #1019
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Agreed. Though I'd argue many might keep this order despite preferring a 1:4 scale rendition, then pick their favorite down the road. I don't see this piece losing value like a lot of things in this hobby nowadays so buying it with the understanding they could potentially flip it and at least make their investment back will likely appeal to some. Not saying that'll for sure happen, but I think the potential is at least there.
Yeah, good point. This will be sought after no matter what, but going by Prime 1's record, it's going to be a long wait and a lot can happen.

Last edited by COI; 11-27-2016 at 06:11 PM.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #1020
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

The biggest problem with 1/3rd is that these pieces will never be perfect so at that scale and price you want something that is the definitive product.

It only works if it's based off of an existing picture or famous painting or something. Then it is a set in stone piece. For something like this though if a company comes out with a cooler or on par sculpt at 1/4 then yeah this will be a hard one to justify.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote