Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #941
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
It sounds like you're an international collector? Is that correct? If you are, you should be receiving $25 codes when a new order ships to you (if you ordered directly from Sideshow from a full Sideshow account and not through a guest account). You can 'bank' up to $50 in those codes to use on any new order of a Pre-Order or In-Stock item. If you hold onto the $50 (which some people do because there isn't something they want right away) then you wouldn't be able to accrue any more until you start spending $25 or more (or the amounts start expiring out) of the $50 already 'banked'.
Hi Alex, thanks for the response. I am international...up here in Canada. The extra coupons are much appreciated. I've never used one mainly due to timing. I've probably foregone a few hundred dollars on contributions due to pieces I want not coming out prior to expiry. I'm always a day one buyer for any piece I get (4-5 a year).
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #942
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Guys, these $3, $2, and now $1.50 codes are not worth the headache much less animosity btwn members.

Is SS so in the red they can only afford to post for 2 mins a $1.50? With PFs avg $500+ now I doubt it. I don't know what their angle is with this ridiculous low number but they can keep it, they need more than I apparently.

Ill venture to say that if you can afford these PFs, even the $250 1/6s then these amounts arent making or breaking you either. To scramble for $1.50 seems beneath us imo and a little insulting for loyal big spender SS customers. Not to mention, ppl are also being priced out of the 1/4 scale which SS hold the majority over like a hostage, theyre gonna need to spend more than a $1.50 to keep people in the game.

Id rather they do away with the random RP, and bring the prices back down to reasonable.

Theres my $.02 for SS.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:48 AM   #943
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Do you know of any other company out there giving away money randomly? it's $1.50 to you but if 300 people managed to get in on it its $450, and that's just one code.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #944
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Guys, these $3, $2, and now $1.50 codes are not worth the headache much less animosity btwn members.

Is SS so in the red they can only afford to post for 2 mins a $1.50? With PFs avg $500+ now I doubt it. I don't know what their angle is with this ridiculous low number but they can keep it, they need more than I apparently.

Ill venture to say that if you can afford these PFs, even the $250 1/6s then these amounts arent making or breaking you either. To scramble for $1.50 seems beneath us imo and a little insulting for loyal big spender SS customers. Not to mention, ppl are also being priced out of the 1/4 scale which SS hold the majority over like a hostage, theyre gonna need to spend more than a $1.50 to keep people in the game.

Id rather they do away with the random RP, and bring the prices back down to reasonable.
Theres my $
.02 for SS.
which coincidentally is how much the next code is worth.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #945
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

...People are seriously getting bent out of shape over $2 or $1.50 codes...

Wow, how far we've come.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:01 AM   #946
darren1228
Zot

If the codes bother you so much just ignore them. Problem solved.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #947
actionjackson83
Midnighter

already ignored codes when I saw them randomly posting them at 3am in the morning... no thanks. lol
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #948
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
already ignored codes when I saw them randomly posting them at 3am in the morning... no thanks. lol
Well yeah, I'm not sitting up waiting on codes, I've things to do...like sleep If i see a code when it pops and I'm awake and not busy, I'll grab it.

I'm just not understanding people getting upset by it, like it's something either they're owed or something that is going to change the course of collecting.

It's just some freebies, get them when you can, if you can't, shrug it off.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #949
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

It's really very simple.

There's some people that white knight everything and think everything Sideshow (or certain other companies for that matter) does is fantastic. And then there are other people that see some of these antics for what they really are, and don't mind calling it out.

I, personally, don't understand the white knight mentality, but that's just me. You may not understand me and my bluntness, and I'm totally cool with that.

As for this supposed rage about the codes - well, I've never raged about the codes. I do however get sick and tired of people coming on here and talking down to, or flat out insulting others for sharing a different take on things, and then when they are called out, the excuse is "dood it's a joke chill."
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #950
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's really very simple.

There's some people that white knight everything and think everything Sideshow (or certain other companies for that matter) does is fantastic. And then there are other people that see some of these antics for what they really are, and don't mind calling it out.

I, personally, don't understand the white knight mentality, but that's just me. You may not understand me and my bluntness, and I'm totally cool with that.

As for this supposed rage about the codes - well, I've never raged about the codes. I do however get sick and tired of people coming on here and talking down to, or flat out insulting others for sharing a different take on things, and then when they are called out, the excuse is "dood it's a joke chill."
Okay Northern, this isn't aimed at you but I'm putting it out there.

I'm not "white knighting" this, I just find it absolutely ridiculous to complain about freebies. There are a million contests and promotions done by companies everyday, that range from huge give-a-ways to little coupons. Not everything is available to everyone, whether it be by exclusion due to rules or simply the limited time it's offered.

We don't rage about every one of those, which can be said we probably don't know about every one of those, but the ones we do miss, we, at least I hope, shrug it off.

"Gah, missed it, maybe next time."

What I'm seeing here, is people complaining about $1.50 coupon like an old lady in a grocery store line that didn't realize her dollar off coupon expired yesterday. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's pretty accurate.