glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
I'm back !!!!!

Damn, it's good to be home.
Welcome back Dan!!!

How was your vacation!!!!?????

Hopefully you had a great time with the family!!!!

Any pictures....???? If so, you should post a few!!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #9523
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Old 08-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #9524
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Has anyone on this thread ever paid and sent out any books to get graded by the CGC...??????

I know that they have there specs on their website,....but I wanted to hear from anyone here based on their own personal experiences....

For example,......

How LONG it took YOUR book(s) to get graded and then mailed back to you....

How much did YOUR book(s) cost to get graded,.....I understand it's based on the net value of the book, correct.......?? So if that's the case, if I had a "Fine" condition issue of Giant Sized X-Men # 1,.....and I BELIEVE it will come back as a 5.0,.......what will that cost me to get graded...???? (curious).

Thanks in advance....!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #9525
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Has anyone on this thread ever paid and sent out any books to get graded by the CGC...??????

I know that they have there specs on their website,....but I wanted to hear from anyone here based on their own personal experiences....

For example,......

How LONG it took YOUR book(s) to get graded and then mailed back to you....

How much did YOUR book(s) cost to get graded,.....I understand it's based on the net value of the book, correct.......?? So if that's the case, if I had a "Fine" condition issue of Giant Sized X-Men # 1,.....and I BELIEVE it will come back as a 5.0,.......what will that cost me to get graded...???? (curious).

Thanks in advance....!!!!!!!
I think Steve is the only one.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #9526
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
I think Steve is the only one.
you're probably right on that one, Merl.

I'd like to get a few books graded, but I'm actually afraid that something may go wrong and I will never see those books again.

Not to mention, I'm also afraid that the grade will come back MUCH lower than I anticipated.

You know,.....rejection is never a good thing,...no matter what form it comes in..
Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #9527
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
you're probably right on that one, Merl.

I'd like to get a few books graded, but I'm actually afraid that something may go wrong and I will never see those books again.

Not to mention, I'm also afraid that the grade will come back MUCH lower than I anticipated.

You know,.....rejection is never a good thing,...no matter what form it comes in..

My fear about it is that the comic you send in one condition may not be in the same condition upon arrival. You can put 'do not bend' on something, and it's still gonna have a big crease when it arrives. Almost guaranteed.

I'm tempted to do it when I see their booth at cons, but they don't do it on the spot, and I'm leery of just turning over comics to guys behind a folding table.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #9528
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
My fear about it is that the comic you send in one condition may not be in the same condition upon arrival. You can put 'do not bend' on something, and it's still gonna have a big crease when it arrives. Almost guaranteed.

I'm tempted to do it when I see their booth at cons, but they don't do it on the spot, and I'm leery of just turning over comics to guys behind a folding table.
I agree with you, Doug,....although, if I were to send out a comic or two,....I'd send it out in a Prioity mail BOX, so as this way, It wouldn't get bent or what have you!! I only hope that they would send it back with the same type of care...

They were at the SDCC.....???????
Old 08-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #9529
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
yup, they were the booth next to the one I was working at........ boy were those guys anal!! Some girl knocked over one of their graded action figures on display and the guy was ready to lose his cool.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #9530
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
I agree with you, Doug,....although, if I were to send out a comic or two,....I'd send it out in a Prioity mail BOX, so as this way, It wouldn't get bent or what have you!! I only hope that they would send it back with the same type of care...

I believe that they seal the graded comic in an acrylic case, so that it can't get damaged further. So the return trip is safe enough. That's a good idea about using the Priority Mail box. I really need to get our Dark Phoenix run graded and safe. (Yes, Jim has the entire first-run of the DP saga, in really excellent condition.)
Closed Thread