Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 08-11-2020, 08:27 AM   #461
Andres
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
Since nobody else followed through with Juggs photos. Here are some of mine. Looks more like the Toy Fair version then the NYCC version. I prefer the NYCC version with darker skin tone, deeper shading details, and the definition where his boots meet his legs as it looks like he puts on his boots vs them being a part of his legs on the Toy Fair version. Some of the helmet streaks are also missing which looked a ton better on the NYCC version. It's like they do the best they can when first premiering a statue then due to amount of time it takes to paint or just the cost of their premier painters they drop details for the final retail version. This has been seen with other releases recently in this line like all the Kitty complaints with paint. I paid less then $194 for mine after tax though so I guess I can't be too judgemental. Size is pretty spot on for what my intention was which was to pair him with my Art Asylum Hulk.

The Premier Carnage on the other hand should be $100 not $130+ The tendril delivery is terrible. They don't fit properly and if any number are just slightly bumped they just fall out. The paint chips off the end when you insert them further allowing slop in the placement as the thickness from the paint is reduced. It is just a mess and many retailers that have reviews have customers all saying the same thing. Not to mention no direction as to placement included. Here is your bag of tendrils have fun is the label that should be on the bag. Carnage looks great and the base isn't too bad just poor delivery and design otherwise.

Thanks for the pics and the review! Really appreciate it!
I'm waiting in Carnage and the Green Goblin they should be arriving this Friday. But man, now I'm worried about the Juggernaut there's something lacking in the paint application
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #462
scgt1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
Thanks for the pics and the review! Really appreciate it!
I'm waiting in Carnage and the Green Goblin they should be arriving this Friday. But man, now I'm worried about the Juggernaut there's something lacking in the paint application
Yea with you there. lol I'll toss up 5 photos from NYCC (First 5) and 1 Toy Fair (Last photo) for comparisons. You be the judge. LOL

Sorry I wasn't at either so I scraped these up from Marvel Toy News and Comics Now.

Personally the original from NYCC competes more with the big boy expensive statue companies. The later and the actual are just MEH normal DST product release. It's why I tend to invest more in Koto as they don't provide a let down. This was my first PO from DST and well is my last due to the finished product and lack of providing final product photos pre release from DST. To come out with a missleading product to get all those people locked in then to not deliver something at least on par with all the PO photos. Leaves a bad taste I tell you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NYCC 1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	132490   Click image for larger version

Name:	nycc 2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	132491   Click image for larger version

Name:	nycc 3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	132492   Click image for larger version

Name:	nycc 4.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	132493   Click image for larger version

Name:	nycc 5.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	132494  

Click image for larger version

Name:	toy fair.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	132495  
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:54 AM   #463
Andres

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
Yea with you there. lol I'll toss up 5 photos from NYCC (First 5) and 1 Toy Fair (Last photo) for comparisons. You be the judge. LOL

Sorry I wasn't at either so I scraped these up from Marvel Toy News and Comics Now.

Personally the original from NYCC competes more with the big boy expensive statue companies. The later and the actual are just MEH normal DST product release. It's why I tend to invest more in Koto as they don't provide a let down. This was my first PO from DST and well is my last due to the finished product and lack of providing final product photos pre release from DST. To come out with a missleading product to get all those people locked in then to not deliver something at least on par with all the PO photos. Leaves a bad taste I tell you.
I feel you man! I was really hoping for a Nice Jug, don't get me wrong he looks good, but nothing like the prototype, I like DST I've been collecting for years, and i even feel like the regular DST 7" figures have better paint application than the statues.

I love Koto, my collection it's 60% Kotobukiya pieces LOL, but the prices are ridiculous right now, that's why I started with Sideshow 1/5 scale and I'm loving them.

I really hope that DST improves the paint application for future releases, and please give us Hela!!!!
Old 08-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #464
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Hey DST Zach,

Can you give us an update on the Premier Hulk statue? I'm saving shelf space for that awesome piece. Thanks.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #465
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi scgt1,

Thank you for the pictures of Juggernaut; appreciated! :-D
I am waiting for the unstoppable force of nature to arrive and promise to post some pictures as well as soon as possible.
Woohah, this sure is a good time to be a Juggernaut fan!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #466
Andres

The new Silver Surfer it's up for Pre order at BBTS

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/133671
Old 08-21-2020, 11:46 AM   #467
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Anyone know if Hellcat is still going to be made or is she another Hela?
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:47 PM   #468
DSTZach
Distributor

We haven't solicited her yet. I assume we will at some point.

Sorry people don't like Jug or Carnage. Pics look pretty good to me.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:33 PM   #469
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post

Juggernaut looked good in Statue Fanatics review. I'd like to see how he looks facing off against the Colossus statue that was revealed at Toy Fair.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:25 AM   #470
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post

Any chance Hela will comeback to pre-order?
iceprince_x is online now   Reply With Quote