Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-05-2020, 10:19 PM   #271
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando2 View Post
It appears you missed attaching the single horn (or whatever you want to call it) at the top of the seahorse's head.
Don't remember seeing it, I'll have to look through the box again... works either way since the slot for it is hidden behind the helmet of the seahorse.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #272
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Make sure you're putting the stirrups on the right direction, you might have to flip it around to get the snug fit on his foot, plus if you have the stirrup on backwards on the other foot it could be lifting the statue up enough to make the stirrup on the other side loose.

Just be extremely gentle with the stirrups because they do seem rather fragile..
Nope, no matter which way I try them, with his feet in the stirrups he gets lifted slightly off the seahorse making him a little wobbly.
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:26 PM   #273
built2shred
Phoenix

Try lifting him up and forward a bit and then put the stirrups on while you hold him in that position... but yeah those stirrups are a really tight fit... could use the hair dryer on his legs/feet and stirrups for like 30 secs, might make things go together easier...
Old 08-05-2020, 11:24 PM   #274
fernando2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Don't remember seeing it, I'll have to look through the box again... works either way since the slot for it is hidden behind the helmet of the seahorse.
Funny thing is, after telling you about it, I put mine together and put it in the display case, put the box away in the rafters of my garage, came back down and looked at mine proudly on display and realized I forgot to put that piece on too!!! ARGH!!! Back up the ladder to the rafters to go get it!
fernando2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:03 AM   #275
hottoys77
Doh!

Got this Aquaman and I am simply blown away. I love the colors. I love the Seahorse Armor. I love how the GOLD pops on Aquaman. XM has given us a killer paint job on this one. Can't stop looking at this one.
hottoys77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:35 AM   #276
built2shred
Phoenix

congrats, yeah this 1:6 DC line is pretty impressive...
Old 02-17-2021, 08:57 PM   #277
Sjb
Justice League

Just picked up this statue... love it! I only have one issue with setup: the line of fish will not stay on the base. It is too loose. I really do not want to glue it for obvious reasons. Any suggestions?
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:11 PM   #278
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
Just picked up this statue... love it! I only have one issue with setup: the line of fish will not stay on the base. It is too loose. I really do not want to glue it for obvious reasons. Any suggestions?
Maybe earthquake putty? That should hold it without being a permanent seal like Gorilla Glue.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:54 PM   #279
Sjb
Justice League

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give that a try.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:20 PM   #280
Sjb
Justice League

FYI... Shane from Secret Compass suggested I try placing a small piece of tissue around the part before inserting it. Worked great, so there is a tip if anyone runs into a similar problem.