Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #71
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Looks pretty close to the picture behind it to the right!! Cant wait to see price on this though because this will most likely be close to 1 grand of chedda cheese!!

Sarah
I hope not cause i may have to pass.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #72
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I've had the Bowen Death Dealer statue since it came out! Still looks amazing but it's seen better days after many moves and the cat chewing on the horses hair a bit on top of his head. ES was 5000.

I'll probably get this to replace my old DD statue and then sell the Bowen.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #73
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Any updates on this
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #74
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I love my QS Death Dealer but the Bowen one will always be special as Randy worked pretty close with Frazetta when he did it.

Randy tells a great story on one of the radio interviews he did about the face on Death Dealer and how he was asking Frazetta what the face was supposed to be like and Frank basically said "just do it like the painting" and Randy was like "there's nothing on the painting Frank....i gotta put details in" and Frank insisted just do it like the painting haha.

The lower portion of the helm is always shrouded in darkness and never fully visible, so this sculptor has gone with Randy's vision and has put in the details like the Bowen statue, where as other statues have just gone for the smooth helm.

Be interesting to see how this comes out...hope the sculptor get's it right.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #75
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

it's a beauty.
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #76
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Update is on Facebook.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #77
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I love my QS Death Dealer but the Bowen one will always be special as Randy worked pretty close with Frazetta when he did it.

Randy tells a great story on one of the radio interviews he did about the face on Death Dealer and how he was asking Frazetta what the face was supposed to be like and Frank basically said "just do it like the painting" and Randy was like "there's nothing on the painting Frank....i gotta put details in" and Frank insisted just do it like the painting haha.

The lower portion of the helm is always shrouded in darkness and never fully visible, so this sculptor has gone with Randy's vision and has put in the details like the Bowen statue, where as other statues have just gone for the smooth helm.

Be interesting to see how this comes out...hope the sculptor get's it right.
I was holding out hope that this one would be a big improvement on the Bowen, but having seen the latest details on Facebook I'm pretty disappointed. I like the size of this one but the mistakes in the detail drive me nuts. There is very little understanding of armour here. You see rings but no maile. The arm mounts on the shield are wrong. The wood on the shield's interior looked like interior flooring instead of wide boards and steel bands. Lamellar armour on the upper arms? Try wielding an axe with that. The genius is in the detail, and if you get it wrong the time to fix it is before it is cast
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #78
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I am no armor expert but this is felling over-detailed to me as well. Maybe the scale requires this. What is the scale mail on the left thigh?
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #79
Rokdweller
Birdman

This is coming together very nicely... so far so good. Trying to replicate a painting in 3D is a challenge. Frank places some items, such as the shield, where it was most pleasing to him from an art perspective. With the statue that makes it difficult to keep everything in perspective with the art.

If it stays on track it will be a must have item for me!
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #80
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

They will try to cap the most expensive pieces at 700$. From what ARH said. The huntress looking like 600$
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote