Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-11-2023, 10:57 PM   #921
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
True. But he's a risk. If Gunn is rebuilding the DC Universe and wants to make it last like the MCU, then Ezra could go off the hinges at any time. Why take that chance?
Ezra is a they/them. Gunn would have to be careful how he fires Ezra or else face the woke mob of losers. Typically, people like Ezra tend to fail upwards. I do like Ezra as the Flash in a team setting. I'm not a fan of his extracurricular antics.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:26 AM   #922
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Ezra is a they/them. Gunn would have to be careful how he fires Ezra or else face the woke mob of losers. Typically, people like Ezra tend to fail upwards. I do like Ezra as the Flash in a team setting. I'm not a fan of his extracurricular antics.

I hear ya.

That's why I say Gunn should just do a hard reboot and replace all the actors from the SnyderVerse. That way optically there's no special treatment. Gunn already let go Cavill so might as well.

If Gunn keeps any of the actors, then there will be a perceived special treatment. That includes the Peacemaker characters and Shazam characters.

If Gunn is not going to do a hard reboot, then I'd like to see more Superman movies with Cavill as Superman. That was a missed opportunity. And I do like Ezra as the Flash. They just needed to fix the way Ezra runs as Flash. But if they keep Ezra, then they should also keep Cavill, Mamoa, Gadot, Johnson, Levi and the other actors from their respective movies. Just tell better stories and stay true to the source material.

I thought the majority of the casting was pretty good. I guess I'm still salty that DC/WB couldn't do better movies with some of them.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 04:31 AM   #923
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

So Ezra's felony burglary and larceny charges just got knocked down to trespassing and he pled guilty to that. He will pay a $500 fine and get one year of probation. No jail time. I guess it really matters who someone is and where someone trespasses.

I then saw an article saying that WB is interested in working with Ezra in the future. I guess Cavill is just too controversial since he paints Warhammer miniatures and builds his own PCs.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:13 AM   #924
Mister H
Gen 13

Even if Ezra Miller wasn’t an @$$hat, he still doesn’t give off the Barry Allen vibe. He would even be a terrible Wally West. The Gunn DC universe seems to be off to a bad start.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:47 PM   #925
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Even if Ezra Miller wasn?t an @$$hat, he still doesn?t give off the Barry Allen vibe. He would even be a terrible Wally West. The Gunn DC universe seems to be off to a bad start.
Gunn hasn't said anything official yet.

All he's done is shut down a out fifty baseless rumors.

We live in an era where sites churn out useless content because they have to invite traffic often via anger.

Maybe it will be crap, but I'm going to at least see what the man says about DC films future before getting too worked up.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 02:51 AM   #926
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Gunn hasn't said anything official yet.

All he's done is shut down a out fifty baseless rumors.

We live in an era where sites churn out useless content because they have to invite traffic often via anger.

Maybe it will be crap, but I'm going to at least see what the man says about DC films future before getting too worked up.
All of that makes sense. Then again, for the past few years DC has been p!ssing down our backs and told us it?s raining. I have a hard time putting my faith in the guy who is partly responsible for what the MCU has become. Hope I?m wrong.
Old 01-16-2023, 10:51 AM   #927
Augen
Metal Men

I love the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, and I don't blame Gunn for Waititi's Thor films being awful.

I think the MCU is a film experiment like we've never had and it is hard to maintain, especially after losing your big guns and having legacy characters take over.

I look at the Russo Brothers who never made a big dramatic film and they swooped in made Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame which are all among my top MCU films.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:25 PM   #928
Mister H
Gen 13

Early MCU is amazing and you’re right, that level is hard to maintain. Gunn set the standard for goofy comedy in the MCU and Waititi took full advantage of it IMO. Russo Bros did a great job for a few movies then bowed to Disney. It all started going downhill after Civil War IMO. I’ll gladly eat my pessimistic words if Gunn does well in the DCEU, I just don’t have any evidence that points to him not making movies that mirror Suicide Squad in style and tone.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:05 PM   #929
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Apparently there's an official Flash trailer dropping during the Super Bowl.

Fans today: I will never see this movie due to Miller's antics.
Fans Sunday: Well it does looks pretty good. Guess I'll see it only for Keaton.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:51 PM   #930
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Removes cavill and says it is due to a reboot of entire universe…then keeps the rest from what I have seen. Unless he dumps them all or brings cavill back I will be passing on all his movies. To be fair I haven’t seen a dc movie in the theater for many years anyways. Wait for them to be on tv and for the most part have been happier about it.
Marvel started out blowing dc away but have to admit from all I have seen in last couple of years and what I hear is coming up at marvel… I won’t be spending any time in the theaters. They were talking about phase 4 going all in on the woke crap and said that was the plan from the beginning. Miss the days when movies were just made for entertainment.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote