Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-14-2021, 06:22 PM   #41
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakout666 View Post
That?s the question....???

Can?t wait...
Probably 4-5 years till this is actually in hand.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:41 PM   #42
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
You do know this will be in 3D, right? You'll be able to see that the tree does not in fact go through the Rex's head
You don't say?!

The point remains that tree is too close to the Rex. In the actual scene, there isn't even a tree near the left Rex as they're out in a clearing. The forest and trees are further behind. So I'd be happy if P1 removed that tree entirely. At the very least, give some space between it and the Rex.

Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:59 AM   #43
Airnoname
Frackin!

Wonder whether there will be Eddie in the car. Make no sense if two T-Rex prepare to attack an empty vehicle.

Also I hope this piece is 1/15 and fit my space. I only have space with 60 cm depth so I hope this fits somehow.

The 1/8 Rotunda requires 75 cm depth .
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:36 PM   #44
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

i give this company a hard time, but man...no one makes statues like these guys. soooooooooo awesome

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #45
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airnoname View Post
Wonder whether there will be Eddie on the car.
That is a very good question. In the most recent photo, it just appears to be an empty vehicle. But they might be waiting on some licensing to come through (same for the missing logo on the Mercedes).
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:16 PM   #46
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
That is a very good question. In the most recent photo, it just appears to be an empty vehicle. But they might be waiting on some licensing to come through (same for the missing logo on the Mercedes).
They have very cleverly obscured half of the windscreen so Eddie could be there backing away from the Rex which is peering in. They've put some lighting trickery in there to keep us guessing.

Also I'm only pulling your leg over the tree, of course, but lots of artists use artistic license with their creations to add to the piece as a whole, and this artist obviously thought the bare trees added to the feel of the scene, but that obviously meant fudging the dimensions and details somewhat, but it's not like that's the first time that has ever happened.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 01:12 AM   #47
VickPS
Blue Falcon

I personally love the trees. Space would not allow them to be screen accurate, but they add alot to the piece.

If the could pull off the Mercedes licensing and give the whole piece a proper paintjob, this thing will be an absolute, total and stunning grail.

I think i'm going to pull the trigger and just place it in another room to not clash with my JP only collection, because it's just too good.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:27 AM   #48
SirSunset99
Fantastic Four

I still feel like this statue is way too forced. Sometimes a scene doesn't translate exceptionally well to statue form...and this is one of those scenes imo. To me, you are purchasing a statue of a car with two dinos on the peripheral
SirSunset99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:59 PM   #49
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSunset99 View Post
I still feel like this statue is way too forced. Sometimes a scene doesn't translate exceptionally well to statue form...and this is one of those scenes imo. To me, you are purchasing a statue of a car with two dinos on the peripheral
I think the same. The more i look at it, the more i see the car. Awesome either way.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #50
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I’m a huge fan of the cars, so I’m delighted. Feel there’s way too many dinosaur statues!
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote