Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 04-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #71
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Roughly 2 grand for a head with no neck or shoulders after CoolProps' other alien heads have come out with poor quality?

No deal.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #72
Manu81
The Spirit

coolprops just replied me on facebook that it will have chromed teeth!!!
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:24 AM   #73
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Roughly 2 grand for a head with no neck or shoulders after CoolProps' other alien heads have come out with poor quality?

No deal.
I hope the price increase will reflect in quality and paint application.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:26 AM   #74
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
coolprops just replied me on facebook that it will have chromed teeth!!!
They also did a reply on the facebook page relating to a question of the 150 in Japan.

In total 1000 units, 150 reserved for Japan market and 850 for International sales.

Said to be no differences from the Japan ones and as you said all with Chromium Plated Teeth.

ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #75
cratercritter
The Spirit

Thanks 'ALIEN' for the information.

This is one of the best looking Alien Head replicas so far. Hopefully the production version will be not too far off the prototype quality.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #76
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post

No deal.
Agreed. I'll wait to see in-hand pics.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:52 AM   #77
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
Awe, seriously? Oh well, I'm still going to roll the dice on this one. It is stupid expensive. I have only 1 PO in this year and for next year, which will help offset/justify for me to pay this much for it. I hear ya, I've cancelled a lot of items because of the weak ass CAD and added border tax. And a lot of stuff because of weak QC. It's gorgeous. Fingers crossed that this comes out great.
And thanks Python!

Yeah sorry, but if they have access to Prime 1's production facilities, you'd think they would want to use them if it were possible so who knows. And yeah, don't let the price ruin your excitement. If I could afford this, I'd be slamming that purchase button right this second, it's spectacular. Maybe in future I'll be able to, or maybe a local distributor will get them in without the added costs. I really hope this one turns out much better than the other two for you, it should do for what they're asking.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #78
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah sorry, but if they have access to Prime 1's production facilities, you'd think they would want to use them if it were possible so who knows. And yeah, don't let the price ruin your excitement. If I could afford this, I'd be slamming that purchase button right this second, it's spectacular. Maybe in future I'll be able to, or maybe a local distributor will get them in without the added costs. I really hope this one turns out much better than the other two for you, it should do for what they're asking.
That's a shame. I'm sure if there was no hesitation on the QC, you would have made it happen. Expensive to roll the dice on a maybe. I actually cancelled the warrior a long time ago. And then I just cancelled the dog alien after seeing the dome was so dark and hiding the detail. I guess that's another reason to justify this expensive a$$ piece for me. Wonder why P1 isn't QCing the heads as well. Probably would have had more guarantee sales upfront.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #79
Python
Omega Red

Yeah, I imagine it would for sure. The other thing is the reveal of their 1/3 Big chap maquette (and the Predator 2 today!) I think I'd rather have that full body statue rather than this, as nice as it is. You'd hope that CP will use all of the reference they had for this head on the maquette also and succeed where so many fail in capturing the correct head and dome shape on it. I'm hoping we'll see the full maquette soon along with the price details so that it will be easier to make a few decisions. This thing is crazy good though, I know I'll be jealous when you post pictures of yours if I don't get one.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:25 PM   #80
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I think I'd rather have that full body statue rather than this
Yup. Full size at the scale is the best representation of a character.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote