Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-27-2017, 08:24 PM   #81
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
There is almost zero nudity in the Arhian comics.
Bizarre for a company that specializes in nude statues and sold the comics as 'adults only'.

Also odd that she constantly thinks to herself in the 3rd person like a modern California valley girl, - "Hey girl, get it together!"
It's a tough call... how much nudity can you put in before it goes from a mainstream comic to a xxx comic. I'm sure this weighed pretty heavily on their decision. I think they did a pretty good job of that, though yeah, I would have liked to see a bit more.

I think comics like Belladonna would be a good example of what Arhian could have easily turned into with a bit more skin.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #82
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Bizarre for a company that specializes in nude statues and sold the comics as 'adults only'.

Also odd that she constantly thinks to herself in the 3rd person like a modern California valley girl, - "Hey girl, get it together!"
damn
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:53 PM   #83
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
It's a tough call... how much nudity can you put in before it goes from a mainstream comic to a xxx comic. I'm sure this weighed pretty heavily on their decision. I think they did a pretty good job of that, though yeah, I would have liked to see a bit more.

I think comics like Belladonna would be a good example of what Arhian could have easily turned into with a bit more skin.
There is no real delineation between a mainstream or XXX comic anymore.
Graphic nudity and sex would only be a problem if it was sold out of newsagents and supermarkets.

I'm honestly not sure that ARH even realize that and thought they had to conform to a morality code that hasn't existed for 20+ years.

A good example (which I also recommend you buy!) is Artesia.
Volume 1,2,3 are all available in any comic shop and on Comixology and feature full frontal nudity and graphic sex (v3 features an extremely graphic orgy).
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:28 AM   #84
The13thWarlock

Quote:
There is no real delineation between a mainstream or XXX comic anymore.
Graphic nudity and sex would only be a problem if it was sold out of newsagents and supermarkets.

I'm honestly not sure that ARH even realize that and thought they had to conform to a morality code that hasn't existed for 20+ years.

A good example (which I also recommend you buy!) is Artesia.
Volume 1,2,3 are all available in any comic shop and on Comixology and feature full frontal nudity and graphic sex (v3 features an extremely graphic orgy).
Sounds promising... what's the basic storyline?
Old 04-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #85
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

yea, that was throwing me off. overall what would be your review of the series?
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:38 PM   #86
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Sounds promising... what's the basic storyline?
Hard one to pin down. The densest, deepest fantasy comic ever.
High fantasy Game of Thrones politics style with a little more magic. The story of a woman who rises from orphan, to kings concubine, to captain of his army to queen and goes on to Alexander style conquest.
(Do be aware though that the creator got sidetracked atarting his own comic company a few years ago and it's been sitting at halfway through for a long time)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:31 PM   #87
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Hard one to pin down. The densest, deepest fantasy comic ever.
High fantasy Game of Thrones politics style with a little more magic. The story of a woman who rises from orphan, to kings concubine, to captain of his army to queen and goes on to Alexander style conquest.
(Do be aware though that the creator got sidetracked atarting his own comic company a few years ago and it's been sitting at halfway through for a long time)
Sounds really good.....
Old 04-29-2017, 03:30 AM   #88
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
yea, that was throwing me off. overall what would be your review of the series?
honestly. ... 5/10
No hate against ARH ... its basically the best that could be expected from writers who's genre is building statues.

The art is decent on its own but has no real narrative flow to it. Good comic art is expensive ... or it may be the scripts he was working off didn't give the direction on layouts he needed .... probably both.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:23 AM   #89
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
honestly. ... 5/10
No hate against ARH ... its basically the best that could be expected from writers who's genre is building statues.

The art is decent on its own but has no real narrative flow to it. Good comic art is expensive ... or it may be the scripts he was working off didn't give the direction on layouts he needed .... probably both.
Yeah it is a good effort to make comics by ARH. But I would rather buy Hades and other new statues
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:26 PM   #90
dreamactius
Sinister Six

People trash this company and Arahom, but I still have love for them. Sure Arahom can be stubborn and macho, but you have to respect his passion and ambition. He was the only one with the courage to create these kinds of statues.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote