Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I think for Cameron this is more about storytelling than Box Office. I'm sure the studios will give him whatever he wants to keep the cash register ringing. If the sequels make a bunch of cast along the way then cool, but it will be a challenge for them to top the performance of the first flick. I'll look forward to seeing them of course, and even though Avatar is in my top 10, it's not like I'll be camping outside a theater or going to multiple showings. I'll likely see them in IMAX and then buy a DVD and catch each a few times more. I hope some great new characters and designs are introduced.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Pathetic. He is going to run out his career on these.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Avatar was a colossal disappointment. Great effect cannot compensate for a lackluster story.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Just think, what If he landed the Spider-Man trilogy?
He might not have done Avatar. Or it might just be coming out now. The -- trilogy could have been MUCH better.
And we might not have this 3D craze going on.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
xentric83
Death is hereditary.

What!!!???? are some people on drugs... Avatar was in my opionion one of the best movies to be released in a decade.. Not only did it bring new life to movies but brought something totally different that we have not experienced EVER watching a movie. Yes I agree the 2d version might have not been as nice but watching it on a big screen in 3d just blows you away. He made you feel like you where there through out the movie. So bring one the sequel as I'm sure he will do a great job. Plus why not make his career out of it. His got something good so why not live off it
xentric83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentric83 View Post
What!!!???? are some people on drugs...
Yes. The people who liked Avatar.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I think for Cameron this is more about storytelling than Box Office. I'm sure the studios will give him whatever he wants to keep the cash register ringing. If the sequels make a bunch of cast along the way then cool, but it will be a challenge for them to top the performance of the first flick. I'll look forward to seeing them of course, and even though Avatar is in my top 10, it's not like I'll be camping outside a theater or going to multiple showings. I'll likely see them in IMAX and then buy a DVD and catch each a few times more. I hope some great new characters and designs are introduced.
Reading those quotes from Cameron, it sounds like it's more about pushing whatever social agenda he's taken on. Seems he wants to use the Avatar movies as a vehicle to send a message about environmentalism, social justice or whatever else

Seriously Jimmy . . . just make cool movies mate
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #18
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Avatar had great visuals effects with photo realistic looking characters and believable stunning CG environments. But I didn't care for the story nor for the characters.

For me District 9 did a better job with the story and action, the movie made me care for the characters and I loved the full blown action in the second half, it was my favourite movie of 2009.

Hopefully the Avatar sequels will be better.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #19
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Avatar had great visuals effects with photo realistic looking characters and believable stunning CG environments. But I didn't care for the story nor for the characters.

For me District 9 did a better job with the story, action and characters, it was my favourite movie of 2009.

Hopefully the Avatar sequels will be better.
I enjoyed Avatar (for what it was) but I agree that District 9 was a much better movie.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #20
xentric83
Death is hereditary.

Well I can't speak for district 9 I might have to watch it lol.... Didn't get the chance to ... But c'mon guys avatar wasn't as bad as everyone is saying.... The story line was adventurous at the most... It made your imagination run wild.. Oh well I guess each to there own but I loved it and rate it highly.. So I guess I'm the one on the drugs hahahahaha
xentric83 is offline   Reply With Quote