Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #271
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

If that scene isn't in the film that would be a travesty. Not only is it extremely well executed it provides a very satisfying transition from Prometheus to Covenant. Without it I wonder how they're going to handle the characters of David and Shaw.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #272
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If that scene isn't in the film that would be a travesty. Not only is it extremely well executed it provides a very satisfying transition from Prometheus to Covenant. Without it I wonder how they're going to handle the characters of David and Shaw.
Definitely! This little short is (IMO) far more interesting than anything I've seen of Alien Covenant so far. I really want to see the full movie of this...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #273
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Be ready for disappointment. There's a reason this movie was changed from Prometheus 2 to ALIEN.

Fans of the mystery of Prometheus are bound to be disappointed (at least a little).
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #274
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Ditto...I don't know why they wouldn't have it in the film. Would make an excellent lead in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Be ready for disappointment. There's a reason this movie was changed from Prometheus 2 to ALIEN.

Fans of the mystery of Prometheus are bound to be disappointed (at least a little).
Yeah...that's what I'm worried about. I'm thinking we might not see much interaction with the Engineers, but instead learn about them through whatever info the team comes across on the planet and possibly what David learns. Main focus will probably be the Aliens...would be disappointing to an extent, but I'm still excited.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #275
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

The good news is that Ridley wants to do a few more, so we'll get what we want at some point, just maybe not now.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:14 PM   #276
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't see how they can avoid covering the impact of what we see in that Prologue in Covenant. I'll post specifics below for those that have watched it.

Spoiler
In the Prologue you see David dumping the pods filled with the black goo in what appears to be an attack on the unsuspecting Engineers. Obviously the Covenant arrives on the planet after this happens and based on early production pics showing what appeared to be a decimated Engineer society its safe to assume David's retaliation was successful in unleashing the Neomorphs and at least wiping out this settlement of Engineers.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 PM   #277
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I don't see how they can avoid covering the impact of what we see in that Prologue in Covenant. I'll post specifics below for those that have watched it.

Spoiler
In the Prologue you see David dumping the pods filled with the black goo in what appears to be an attack on the unsuspecting Engineers. Obviously the Covenant arrives on the planet after this happens and based on early production pics showing what appeared to be a decimated Engineer society its safe to assume David's retaliation was successful in unleashing the Neomorphs and at least wiping out this settlement of Engineers.
Exactly...gotta be in the film, gotta be. That said, it's possible they cover what happened in the scene with narration and cut the actual scene. I hope not, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
The good news is that Ridley wants to do a few more, so we'll get what we want at some point, just maybe not now.
Yeah, good point...reason to hope if they don't come through in this one.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #278
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I am skipping the clip until after I see the film. I really want to go in with no more information than what the latest official trailer reveals.

When Alien was released in '79, viewers knew next to nothing about the details of the film before they saw it as the trailer revealed just enough to spark your interest about the film by only revealing very little of the narrative. Sometimes I wish that was still the case today. Most trailers today along with their ad campaigns often times spoil too much imo.

Here is the Alien trailer to refresh everyone's memory.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:12 AM   #279
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The only problem I'd have skipping this "Prologue" clip is if it's not included in Covenant it leaves a gaping hole in the bridge between the two films. Unlike "The Last Supper" clip I think this one is essential viewing. If it's replaced and summarized in some form of narration I'll be incredibly disappointed after seeing the actual scenes.

I guess what I'm trying to say to anyone avoiding it for now is... IF it is indeed confirmed to have been cut I'd absolutely recommend watching it before seeing Covenant. It's that big a deal.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:52 AM   #280
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Definitely! This little short is (IMO) far more interesting than anything I've seen of Alien Covenant so far. I really want to see the full movie of this...
+1

Quote:
Indeed. It fills the ending of Prometheus and excites for the next. I hope Shaw is alive.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote