Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #5791
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I'd say it's pretty thick. Every Ross paper print I've purchased has always shipped flat.

I'll definitely compare it to the Ross SS prints once they arrive today.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #5792
aa909
The Green Hornet

I have a feeling SS is floating this new Flash print to gauge interest in the character. I think they want to know if there's real interest before investing the time/money in developing a PF. They have internal sales data they can use to project the ratio of print to PF sales for other characters, and they can use that to extrapolate the # of potential Flash PF sales... just my random thoughts on a slow Monday LOL!!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #5793
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I'd say it's pretty thick. Every Ross paper print I've purchased has always shipped flat.

I'll definitely compare it to the Ross SS prints once they arrive today.
Compared to screen prints or the Sideshow normal Giclee prints the Ross lithograph paper is very thin. The thinnest paper I've ever got from Sideshow and I collect a lot of their art. I have several other Lithographs from Dark Ink and others and this lithograph paper is on par with most all lithographs, it's just thinner paper, like regular movie poster paper.

Last edited by FROBAY; 03-13-2017 at 02:52 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #5794
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Compared to screen prints or the Sideshow normal Giclee prints the Ross lithograph paper is very thin. The thinnest paper I've ever got from Sideshow and I collect a lot of their art.
Their standard print paper is very thick (at least in my unprofessional opinion).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #5795
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Their standard print paper is very thick (at least in my unprofessional opinion).
I agree.

My point is for the money of these beautiful Ross prints, I just wish they were on thicker paper. I ordered the frame version too, so not a huge deal to me. You just have to be extra careful with the rolled paper.

Last edited by FROBAY; 03-13-2017 at 02:56 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #5796
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I have a feeling SS is floating this new Flash print to gauge interest in the character. I think they want to know if there's real interest before investing the time/money in developing a PF. They have internal sales data they can use to project the ratio of print to PF sales for other characters, and they can use that to extrapolate the # of potential Flash PF sales... just my random thoughts on a slow Monday LOL!!!
I would guess Sideshow knows there is a huge demand for a Flash PF. People are bugging them all the time about when one will be released.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #5797
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
I have no interest in the costume used for that print.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #5798
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I just dont see that being the case at all. Flash is a very popular character, has a very successful TV show, and people on these boards have been clamouring for a Flash PF for a LONG time now, not just because people like Flash but also becasue there are people that want to complete the original 7 Justice League. So I don't think the print release has anything to do with that. As I have said all along, I think they are waiting for the movie to announce thier Fash PF, to take advnatge of all the movie hype. IMO the decision to mke a Flash premium format was already decided a long ways back.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #5799
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
He is a DC "A" lister,am preety sure they are not concerned too much about sales.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #5800
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Compared to screen prints or the Sideshow normal Giclee prints the Ross lithograph paper is very thin. The thinnest paper I've ever got from Sideshow and I collect a lot of their art. I have several other Lithographs from Dark Ink and others and this lithograph paper is on par with most all lithographs, it's just thinner paper, like regular movie poster paper.
Hell yeah it's thin.

Jesus, the Ross Giclees on paper (the ones I posted above) blow these things out of the water. Now I know why they were cheap when compared to the normal Ross prints.

Lithograph.... that damn word should have been the huge red flag to me.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote