Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #5561
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Skaar came with a print as well and an ax. It was a great EX. Punisher COM included a print tool. There are probably more but the 2 I mentioned were the only ones that jumped out in my mind. IIRC, the Surfer and DD COM included prints. So, it was more of a common practice in the past. Nowadays, SSC is making sure we pay to play if we want a print.

I don't want to start an XM vs SSC flame war but I do love how XM gives collectors switch out parts and a print with every statue. With what SSC is charging nowadays for a PF, I don't think it's too much to ask SSC to include a print with a statue instead of charging us separately for one.
Yeah, I realized after I posted and the other guy responded there were a bunch of other older pieces that included them.

I get what you're saying.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #5562
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'd like to see another picture of this guy. Just for fun.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #5563
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Skaar came with a print as well and an ax. It was a great EX. Punisher COM included a print too. There are probably more but the 2 I mentioned were the only ones that jumped out in my mind. IIRC, the Surfer and DD COM included prints. So, it was more of a common practice in the past. Nowadays, SSC is making sure we pay to play if we want a print.

I don't want to start an XM vs SSC flame war but I do love how XM gives collectors switch out parts and a print with every statue. With what SSC is charging nowadays for a PF, I don't think it's too much to ask SSC to include a print with a statue instead of charging us separately for one.
The flame war is going on over a year now. Sideshow should add a lot more switch outs. Considering also prime 1 providing the most detailed pieces in 1/3 tons of switchouts and most still under 1k.

Anyways. Sideshow I think if they don't step their game up they will end up being mostly a distributor of other companies and not selling many of their own pieces. Which sucks because I think they have great sculpts just lacking in art directions and customer satisfaction
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:19 PM   #5564
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
The flame war is going on over a year now. Sideshow should add a lot more switch outs. Considering also prime 1 providing the most detailed pieces in 1/3 tons of switchouts and most still under 1k.

Anyways. Sideshow I think if they don't step their game up they will end up being mostly a distributor of other companies and not selling many of their own pieces. Which sucks because I think they have great sculpts just lacking in art directions and customer satisfaction
Most people's collections are majority sideshow statues. And that's by choice I think even with all these other companies making good stuff. As for swithouts I think most people use the same options and you can always have a custom made.
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:04 PM   #5565
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Switch outs are cool and all - trust me I love them - but they wouldn't be a deciding factor in me getting a statue or not.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:51 PM   #5566
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Switch outs are cool and all - trust me a love them - but they wouldn't be a deciding factor in me getting a statue or not.
Exactly, how many people shift switchouts on a consistent basis? Even when I have more than one I rarely use them. Just want a cool looking statue.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #5567
HBK83
The Avengers

Not really as big of a deal as far as what a person would actually display but the fact that your getting more for your buck. More statue overall. I ordered the flashpoint Batman and both display options with the guns and the sword is totally bad ass. It gives you 2 totally different looks and yes that was the deciding factor in my purchase. It's too great of a statue and option to pass up for me, look how many people are curious about a resting arm for thanos. The resting arm would make the regular maquette that much better for the fact that the hand up doesn't really match the regular portrait.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #5568
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Exactly, how many people shift switchouts on a consistent basis? Even when I have more than one I rarely use them. Just want a cool looking statue.
Yep! I'd actually prefer my statues to be one solid piece - Base and all, no assembly required. I'd fkn love that
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #5569
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
Yep! I'd actually prefer my statues to be one solid piece - Base and all, no assembly required. I'd fkn love that
me tooo!!!!! seems awesome, first few times you switch dem out, but after awhile, you pick one and leave it, box up da rest, or leave on the base to get knocked over, extra head, arms etc, 1 price...1 statue
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #5570
Python
Omega Red

So Dave Igo. Given the spectacular success of this, how about something similar for us monster and Alien fans..... Wolf Predator in his throne

https://youtu.be/yZSq8YJeWDg?t=25
Python is offline   Reply With Quote