Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-16-2022, 07:00 AM   #2001
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Curently reading Rick Remender Punisher Omnibus. (: I am half way though. It kind of got wonky with the Frankenstein Punisher stuff. I also wasn't the beggiest fan of the Run going there before Punisher kill The Hood. The Hood as the main villain of run got too long, I need Punisher to kill that second rate freak already. It wasn't as grounded as the Ennis run to begin with anyway. It was a Punisher run in The Marvel Universe to begin with.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:35 AM   #2002
Mister H
Gen 13

I’ve never been a fan of Remender.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 11:37 AM   #2003
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I?ve never been a fan of Remender.
I haven't read his Punisher stuff but he's writing one of the best books currently on the racks: A Righteous Thirst for Vengeance.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #2004
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I haven't read his Punisher stuff but he's writing one of the best books currently on the racks: A Righteous Thirst for Vengeance.
I?ll check that out and actually his Black Science is popular with some folks. One thing kind of ruined him for me though: Franken-Castle.
Old 07-16-2022, 04:00 PM   #2005
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I?ve never been a fan of Remender.
I agree. Haven?t liked anything he?s written thus far.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:29 PM   #2006
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The only thing of Remendwr’s I remember reading was his Uncanny Avengers title and his Avengers graphic novel, both which I liked alot
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:31 PM   #2007
protector2814
Phoenix

I actually liked FrankenCastle &, up-till-then, I considered myself a Garth Ennis' Punisher Purist. The story incorporated practically every obscure Marvel Monster from their 70's glory days, so, because of that it was kind of a blast. Eventually, it was all cleared up & Frank was returned to normal. As a stand-alone, weird story ... I enjoyed it. While I'm talking "weird Punisher" that I liked, has anyone checked out his bizarre, Norse adventure called Punisher Kill Krew, where he steals Thor's flying goats, teams up with Foggy Nelson & Juggernaut & goes on a monster killing rampage? Fun!
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:38 AM   #2008
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I am with Ennis about The Punisher, he is at his best as a street level vigilante but i kind of dig Franken Castle as well. lol What i don't dig is the run shifted focus from The Hood to Fraken Castle stuff before The Punisher wack The Hood... This kind of stuff makes The Punisher look incompetent. Makes you go like he still can't even kill a single second rate freak and he quit going after him all of a sudden, pfft. Other than that The Franken Castle stuff is fun on its own.

I liked Daken The massed up bastard. lol I really want to read Daken, now. After reading The 3 issues of Daken The Dark Wolverine in the Remender Punisher Omnibus, but Daken has no omnibus of his own and all of his Dark Wolverine run is out of stock as both HC and TPB as far as i checked out... :/ I would be really in to a Daken Omnibus.
Old 07-30-2022, 06:27 AM   #2009
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Annihilation Omnibus Ordered

There is a discount code for IST, it is back2school, if you use it, you get 3% discount. So i used it, and got the book.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:54 AM   #2010
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Annihilation Omnibus Ordered

There is a discount code for IST, it is back2school, if you use it, you get 3% discount. So i used it, and got the book.
Sweet. Didn?t know that. I?ll use that to get a Savage Sword of Conan omni. So it?s looking like about this time next year I?ll have pretty much all the Marvel omnis I?ll want minus future Cap and Silver Surfer volume 3 books.