Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #1011
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
He's too big for the horse in the painting too. Ehren really stuck to the painting IMO, at least in every spot where you can see the statue and the painting. I have heard people say backside stuff is wrong but I don't know about that.
Take it from someone who has spent years looking at arms and armour details, made and refined my own armour and shields, to fight in the SCA, there are many mistakes on this sculpt; But from 10 feet away you won't see them. The rowels on the spurs aren't right, the arm and hand mounts on the back of the shield are incorrect, and I have no idea what that crap on the upper legs is supposed to be...It should have been all mail, but even Frank made a mistake in the painting with the wrong position of the sword guard. Ehren's mistake here was repeating Franks mistake in order to stay faithful to the original.This scimitar style sword should have been longer. In the end you have to ask, is this the best version done to date, and I think that most will say yes...Mine came three weeks ago and I finally unboxed it and set it up last weekend. It had no paint or breakage issues and it really is huge.Its to bad that the factory painters don't have more skill. They don't shade with washes or drybrush all that well, and don't know how to paint a lathered up horse. There should have been a sheen to the horse's coat and flat paint just ain't cuttn'it
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:09 PM   #1012
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

There are a lot of inaccuracies from sculpt in comparison to painting!
Franks world is based in fantasy not reality...whatever he painted is right in Franks world, just enjoy it for what it is.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 PM   #1013
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadad View Post
Take it from someone who has spent years looking at arms and armour details, made and refined my own armour and shields, to fight in the SCA, there are many mistakes on this sculpt; But from 10 feet away you won't see them. The rowels on the spurs aren't right, the arm and hand mounts on the back of the shield are incorrect, and I have no idea what that crap on the upper legs is supposed to be...It should have been all mail, but even Frank made a mistake in the painting with the wrong position of the sword guard. Ehren's mistake here was repeating Franks mistake in order to stay faithful to the original.This scimitar style sword should have been longer. In the end you have to ask, is this the best version done to date, and I think that most will say yes...Mine came three weeks ago and I finally unboxed it and set it up last weekend. It had no paint or breakage issues and it really is huge.Its to bad that the factory painters don't have more skill. They don't shade with washes or drybrush all that well, and don't know how to paint a lathered up horse. There should have been a sheen to the horse's coat and flat paint just ain't cuttn'it
I feel your pain brother... when Arkhalla came in her nipples were too pink. It's really left me with a serious question... are they not good at painting nipples in these factories or do Chinese women have really pink nipples and they are painting them accordingly!!! I obviously need to do some internet research :-D
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:53 PM   #1014
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadad View Post
I disagree with this. Whatever that is on the leg is definitely in the painting and to me it is much more important to stay as true to the painting as possible (which I think Ehren did) than make any "corrections" that would make it more realistic. The ONLY reason I would pay this much money and get something this big is because it is Frazetta.

Think of it this way. Suppose someone wants to buy a statue based on Piccasso and the sculptor just sculpts a normal hot woman under the assumption that no women have triangles for heads and have both eyes on the same side of their head. While this is true the reason the collector wanted it in the first place is his love for the source artist.

That said, I know Troy changed the leg position and lifted the heel on the right leg of the Posiedon to make it work and for whatever reason I really like that and am glad he did it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:59 PM   #1015
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Congrats!..Who you got painting him...gotta fix some casting stuff on mines before I repaint him...
John Allred will be bringing Barbarian to life!!
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:42 AM   #1016
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Lol
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:56 AM   #1017
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I disagree with this. Whatever that is on the leg is definitely in the painting and to me it is much more important to stay as true to the painting as possible (which I think Ehren did) than make any "corrections" that would make it more realistic. The ONLY reason I would pay this much money and get something this big is because it is Frazetta.

Think of it this way. Suppose someone wants to buy a statue based on Piccasso and the sculptor just sculpts a normal hot woman under the assumption that no women have triangles for heads and have both eyes on the same side of their head. While this is true the reason the collector wanted it in the first place is his love for the source artist.

That said, I know Troy changed the leg position and lifted the heel on the right leg of the Posiedon to make it work and for whatever reason I really like that and am glad he did it.
Agreed.
Can you imagine the rage if they had of changed a Frazetta work !?
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:10 AM   #1018
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
John Allred will be bringing Barbarian to life!!
Love John's work...it's gonna kill.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #1019
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

FedEx stated my package was delivered, but my wife said nothing was delivered. WTF is going on???
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:04 PM   #1020
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Love John's work...it's gonna kill.
+1

Can't wait to see it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote