Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-28-2021, 10:02 PM   #721
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
There's someone selling their pre-order on Facebook for $4,500. Joshua Gordon in the Batman Statue Collector BST group.
I'm pretty sure that's the same one that's available at Comic Concepts.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:34 PM   #722
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryken17 View Post
Who else here have issue with wonder woman, i have received a discoloration of part of her hand . I was asked to destroyed both hands before they can process a replacement and i did but still havent received the replacement waited for 15 business days they have givrn me a tracking number it was 14 digit fedex but it said invalid. I am just worried that i got this to long and i still dont have it. I did message them still waiting for their replay.
It's international shipping, it has to get to fedex first before the shiipping number from fedex comes on live don't worry about it, takes 3-4 weeks before it reaches fedex sometimes depending on if they used boat shipping. I order from australian and asian companies and same thing, i get a tracking with fedex and it keeps saying invalid or waiting for receipt.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:38 PM   #723
ryken17
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
It's international shipping, it has to get to fedex first before the shiipping number from fedex comes on live don't worry about it, takes 3-4 weeks before it reaches fedex sometimes depending on if they used boat shipping. I order from australian and asian companies and same thing, i get a tracking with fedex and it keeps saying invalid or waiting for receipt.

Oh thats a relief to heard from you.. im hoping because i am just really worried now. I will sure wait for now. Thanks bro
ryken17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:06 AM   #724
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I know we say because of how much we’re spending on JND products we deserve better, and we should. But people have been saying that for years now. Especially wherever comparisons are made relative to Sideshow prices, whether they’re ECC, XM, Prime 1, Queen Studios and now JND. The premium we’ve been paying over and above Sideshow prices has always carried with it a belief or entitlement that quality control will be much better. But over time history has always proven otherwise, and unfortunately over the long term I wouldn’t be surprised when JND truly follows suit.
Unfortunately, I think you're right.

But then, we're the ones to blame, because we continue to reward this poor performance by buying more products.

I personally don't buy from Sideshow, Prime 1, XM, PCS anymore (even though they may have tempting prototypes), because I simply don't trust they will produce anywhere near that quality in mass production - that's even before we get to breakages, etc.

However, the moment JND, Queen Studios, or Infinity let me down, it's over. No more money from me. I'm happy to walk away from this hobby if the producers can't deliver........but then, saying that, I have a plan
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #725
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Replacement parts have always been an issue when it came from Prime 1, as for some reason replacement parts are made after the initial production. And as such the molds can be slightly different. I don’t know why they just don’t produce parts as they go along, so that they more closely match the batch that they are replacing. Heck they always ask for your edition number, so it would be a simple matter of matching the parts.

And about 1/2 the time for me, whether it came from Prime 1 or even Sideshow, the parts came with their own issues. They were either broken, had paint issues or maybe worse yet didn’t even fit the statue.

I’ve purchased 7 or so Queen Studio pieces so far, and all but one or maybe two have had their own issue/s, of which many here would demand a replacement for.

It’s come to the stage in my collecting where it has to be a major issue for me to even bother complaining or asking for a replacement.

I know we say because of how much we’re spending on JND products we deserve better, and we should. But people have been saying that for years now. Especially wherever comparisons are made relative to Sideshow prices, whether they’re ECC, XM, Prime 1, Queen Studios and now JND. The premium we’ve been paying over and above Sideshow prices has always carried with it a belief or entitlement that quality control will be much better. But over time history has always proven otherwise, and unfortunately over the long term I wouldn’t be surprised when JND truly follows suit.
yea, I don't understand that either, especially when most statues are made in batches. It should be easy to put aside extras and if nobody has damage from a batch, then just use the extras towards the next batch. Luckily, I got a partial refund on the replacement base because they really f'ed up. They even wrote the wrong number on the bottom of the base, so I ripped off the original from the first broken so I have proof it's not a recast.

I'm currently waiting for a response on XM replacement parts. Never had to ask for any before. Their QC is usually great.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #726
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:

I’ve purchased 7 or so Queen Studio pieces so far, and all but one or maybe two have had their own issue/s, of which many here would demand a replacement for.
I'm curious to know what the nature of the issues were with those pieces.

I have my first and only QS bust paid off and waiting for it to ship. It would help to calibrate my expectations.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #727
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I'm curious to know what the nature of the issues were with those pieces.

I have my first and only QS bust paid off and waiting for it to ship. It would help to calibrate my expectations.
Thanos Bust. There’s a few issues. Glue residue on the eyes which make it somewhat cloudy on part on the eyes, one more than the other across the actual iris. Casting issues on the back, where there was probably a small air bubble on the back of the bust. This should’ve been caught, as the air pocket is probably 4mm in diameter and is completely white. They didn’t even attempt to fill it in or paint it. Silicone has what looks like a tear/peel on the lips and has simply been glued back. It’s close to the join between the upper and lower lips so it’s hard to see.

Hulk Bust. The silicone has a 1/2 inch plus indented line going down above the eyebrow. It’s not a cut or tear, but something has obviously been pressed into the silicone and left an imprint. Not the biggest deal as it’s somewhat natural looking as if he had a cut that has healed over. The eyes also had a bit of glue residue which made them a tad cloudy, but unlike the Thanos Bust I was able to easily remove the problem. On the back of the bust, there’s a small area where the top layer of the paint has been removed. It’s still green, but a lighter bright green of the silicone beneath but without the darker paint shading. It’s like it was manually rubbed off a bit. It would be an easy fix if I had the appropriate silicone paint as one or two quick spray passes would remedy it.

Mark 50 Bust. I got the clean version at first, but unfortunately not all the lights worked on arrival. I waited a year for a replacement, but in the end they weren’t able to provide one and I had to settle for the battle damaged one. Unfortunately the BD had fitment issues with the rear thrusters attachments (supposedly a not so uncommon problem). Each time they were attached into place the two parts would rub/scrap against each other and metallic red paint would literally scrap off while I looked. With the thrusters in place it’s not a visible issue, but once they’re changed for the standard look I could literally see the white/grey of the Polystone beneath each time the turntable spun it around.

1/3 Joker. Small bit of the white paint is missing on the face. It’s either been scrapped off, or it just wasn’t painted in the first place. It’s relatively small, so it can probably be fixed with a literal dot of white paint.

And most recently their 1/3 Batman. I had damage to one of the boots, were there is a somewhat deep chip on the front/side of the toe of the right boot. In conjunction with that the paint has been scraped off in a couple of places on the boot. But because it’s black it’s maybe not the biggest deal as I may just take a black marker to it.

Aquaman Cartoon Series. It looked totally perfect when I assembled it. But I was stupid enough to decide to remove the Ocean Master from the arm of Aquaman when I moved him recently. I was quite careful in removing him, but even so it caused a small 1-2mm by 3mm bit of metallic green paint to literally chip off of it, at the point around the edge of the peg hole. It sounds small. But even so it’s quite noticeable as I’ve got it right in front of me on my home office desk…..but what’s worse I reattached him, then removed him again and the chip area extended………..

Obviously I have the worst luck, and I must be a sucker for punishment as I continue to preorder pieces. But note some of these problems I had to look rather closely for and some collectors may not have noticed them unless they’re specifically pointed out to them in person. Like the glue residue on the glass eyes I’ve never read anyone having issues, but as I had two different silicone busts which had the same problem, I can’t imagine I’m alone.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:47 PM   #728
pdenham
Teen Titans

Thanks for the substantive reply.

That is sobering to read.

I've seen some reviewers that have pointed out issues with their busts (different busts from yours), so you definitely aren't alone, and these problems sadly don't seem to be as isolated as they should be at these price points.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:13 PM   #729
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

A new video of JND Studios WW84:

https://youtu.be/gAilyXOUvOc
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:55 PM   #730
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Deleted - wrong topic.

Last edited by zipkicker; 09-10-2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Deleted - wrong topic.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote