Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-11-2022, 01:24 PM   #841
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
What part of fully sculpted doesn't compute with you?
I'm not sure why you're getting upset over this discussion. Regardless of my opinion, you know you can want / buy whatever you like....right?

I understood that you want a "fully sculpted" product. Ok, great, buy whatever they release - no problem.

I'm just suggesting, that with a little "imagination", "creativity", you can get all the same or similar outcomes with 1/6 action figures.

And before you jump on me regarding fabric clothing, etc....again, I get it. And if that's a limitation you're placing on your desired product - then have at it.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:35 PM   #842
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Besides JND’s core business (1:3 hyperreal statue’s). JND will also be focusing on 1:6 scaled ***action figures***

Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:44 PM   #843
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Ah, so they are going to do hot toy-ish figures. Guess we can see how they look when they are ready. And how much they will cost.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:27 PM   #844
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not sure why you're getting upset over this discussion. Regardless of my opinion, you know you can want / buy whatever you like....right?

I understood that you want a "fully sculpted" product. Ok, great, buy whatever they release - no problem.

I'm just suggesting, that with a little "imagination", "creativity", you can get all the same or similar outcomes with 1/6 action figures.

And before you jump on me regarding fabric clothing, etc....again, I get it. And if that's a limitation you're placing on your desired product - then have at it.
Hey, thanks for giving me permission to want what I want and buy what I want!

I'm not mad, I just think it's ironic, and somewhat comical, that someone so vocal on the nuances of sculpture and materials in these threads can so easily dismiss my want for a fully sculpted 1/6 scale statue as simply lacking enough imagination to accept a HT figure.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:54 PM   #845
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

I was picturing a "QS dual version of Catwoman on a batpod" sort of thing. We had the 1:3 scale version that, good GOD where would I even put that!? Actually I had this dream (not rapid-eye-movement dream, but brilliant daydream idea) where if I had a garage could build this wall attaching shelf where I could build in a display cabinet into it. But still... Then QS revealed the 1:6 version, obviously pros/cons to both versions, but hey.

Sometimes consumers need choices. Just because I'm crazy enough to sell off my toys to pay $2,000 for a single JND masterpiece doesn't mean everyone else is. Whatever JND has in store for 1:6 will probably be really nice, maybe unique in some way, but unlikely in the same level as 1:3. (I mean obviously right?)

Or it's just action figures to help fund their 1:3 hyper real statues. There is no shame in diversified income sources.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:57 PM   #846
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hey, thanks for giving me permission to want what I want and buy what I want!

I'm not mad, I just think it's ironic, and somewhat comical, that someone so vocal on the nuances of sculpture and materials in these threads can so easily dismiss my want for a fully sculpted 1/6 scale statue as simply lacking enough imagination to accept a HT figure.
Hey dude, it's your heart attack...

If you want to see every post on here as a personal attack, then you go right ahead and enjoy your day.

And yes, permission granted
Old 02-11-2022, 09:38 PM   #847
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Besides JND?s core business (1:3 hyperreal statue?s). JND will also be focusing on 1:6 scaled ***action figures***

I'm very interested to see how they approach this. Will these action figures be "hyper-real"?

From my understanding HT pretty much dominates the market of 1/6 figures. I'm curious to see how JND will set themselves apart, but considering their quick success in the 1:3 market, I'm not exactly doubting them.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:04 AM   #848
ukshaun
Hercules

I doubt Hot Toys will be worried. Many have attempted 1/6th scale figures, none have matched the might of Hot Toys

Not unless JND took a slightly different route, and only made 500 to 1500 figures, all hyper real hand painted by the most talented. That begs the question, would 1/6 scale figure collectors be prepared to pay? ..i doubt it. Hot Toys have started to become priced at a point many are complaining about.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:00 AM   #849
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I doubt Hot Toys will be worried. Many have attempted 1/6th scale figures, none have matched the might of Hot Toys

Not unless JND took a slightly different route, and only made 500 to 1500 figures, all hyper real hand painted by the most talented. That begs the question, would 1/6 scale figure collectors be prepared to pay? ..i doubt it. Hot Toys have started to become priced at a point many are complaining about.
Exactly. Although I'm happy to sit on the side lines and watch this unfold.

I do wonder why they're moving in this direction. Maybe they've decided the statue market is ultimately unsustainable. With the prices of logistics alone, this has to be a big cost drain, especially if you're passing these costs to the customer....

What this could mean, s that the Hyper real statues from JND become a unicorn collectible, especially if they start to wind down that core product in favour of scaled action figures.

My God, if you thought WW84 is expensive now, imagine the collector price later.....
Old 02-12-2022, 11:54 AM   #850
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Sometimes people just buy stuff no matter what logic and reason dictate. I know it is a different world in this community but concurrently Wonder Festival 2022 Winter has revealed (unsurprisingly) a bevy of new Hatsune Miku figures. How many Miku figures exist though seriously? 1,000? 2,000? Yet people are still rabid and throw money at them like there is no tomorrow.

I've said it many times before that JND's first choice of Phoenix Joker really surprised me. But they did just fine with it evidently. What ever the 1:6 items they are planning, they really only need the same quantity of buyers of the quantity they are producing. And hey, they have a pool of about 8 billion of us.

Although I seriously doubt JND is phasing out their 1:3 scale line...
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote