Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 09-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

My European tour

I flew in to Amsterdam last Sunday morning and walked around the city with a fellow employee who works in Enschede. We walked through the red light district but it was too early and there were only a couple girls in the windows. We walked around a bit and then drove to Aartrijke in Belgium. Ate dinner in the town center of Brugge, which was a really amazing looking town.

Monday, visited a supplier in Aartrijke, then drove to Oevel to visit a supplier there. Then drove to Son to visit a supplier there. Then drove to Brunssum to a hotel.

Tuesday. Visited supplier in Brunssum and drove to Dusseldorg Airport. Flew to Vienna. None of the luggage of anyone on the flight made it. Yeah, I get to wear the same clothes tomorrow!! Drove to Zlinn in the Czech Republic via Slovkia. My friend from Enschede couldn't find his passport for a few minutes at the Czech-Slovakia border. The border guard did not look amused, glad he finally found it.

Wednesday. Met with supplier for long meeting. Drove back to Dusseldorf airport and picked up luggage. Drove to Lindlar for the night.

Thursday: Met with supplier in Lindlar and then drove to Gevelsberg. Met with supplier there and then drove to Varseveld. Met with suppliers there and finally drove to Enschede. Had dinner and beers at the town center of Enschede and watched all the University girls drinking there.

Friday: Met with four suppliers at the plant. Drove to Deventer to meet with a supplier. Friend dropped me off at the train station at Deventer to left. My trip was over and I was heading back to Amsterdam for a return flight Saturday morning. Went in to buy a ticket from the booth and was out of euros. I tried to pay with my Visa but they only take Mastercard and I don't have one. Also, don't have a cell phone that works so couldn't call my friend that I was kinda screwed. Walked around the city and someone was nice enough to point me to an ATM about three blocks away and I was able to draw 20 euros from my own debit account. Made it back to the train station and got on the next train to Schipol. Finally got there and made it to the hotel. It is 10:40 pm right now in Amsterdam and I need to get up at 4:00 to get to the airport in time.

So basically I went to Belgium, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, and the Netherlands in a week. About 1300 miles drive and about 1,000 in the air. Was a blast but I definitely want to bring my wife back and enjoy the trip a little more.

One last thing, I noticed in Enschede and while waiting for the train at Deventer that there are a ton of really hot women in the Netherlands. I mean a really high percentage.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Thats Europe for you. Greatest place in the world.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
ecthelion
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I flew in to Amsterdam last Sunday morning and walked around the city with a fellow employee who works in Enschede. We walked through the red light district but it was too early and there were only a couple girls in the windows. We walked around a bit and then drove to Aartrijke in Belgium. Ate dinner in the town center of Brugge, which was a really amazing looking town.

Monday, visited a supplier in Aartrijke, then drove to Oevel to visit a supplier there. Then drove to Son to visit a supplier there. Then drove to Brunssum to a hotel.

Tuesday. Visited supplier in Brunssum and drove to Dusseldorg Airport. Flew to Vienna. None of the luggage of anyone on the flight made it. Yeah, I get to wear the same clothes tomorrow!! Drove to Zlinn in the Czech Republic via Slovkia. My friend from Enschede couldn't find his passport for a few minutes at the Czech-Slovakia border. The border guard did not look amused, glad he finally found it.

Wednesday. Met with supplier for long meeting. Drove back to Dusseldorf airport and picked up luggage. Drove to Lindlar for the night.

Thursday: Met with supplier in Lindlar and then drove to Gevelsberg. Met with supplier there and then drove to Varseveld. Met with suppliers there and finally drove to Enschede. Had dinner and beers at the town center of Enschede and watched all the University girls drinking there.

Friday: Met with four suppliers at the plant. Drove to Deventer to meet with a supplier. Friend dropped me off at the train station at Deventer to left. My trip was over and I was heading back to Amsterdam for a return flight Saturday morning. Went in to buy a ticket from the booth and was out of euros. I tried to pay with my Visa but they only take Mastercard and I don't have one. Also, don't have a cell phone that works so couldn't call my friend that I was kinda screwed. Walked around the city and someone was nice enough to point me to an ATM about three blocks away and I was able to draw 20 euros from my own debit account. Made it back to the train station and got on the next train to Schipol. Finally got there and made it to the hotel. It is 10:40 pm right now in Amsterdam and I need to get up at 4:00 to get to the airport in time.

So basically I went to Belgium, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, and the Netherlands in a week. About 1300 miles drive and about 1,000 in the air. Was a blast but I definitely want to bring my wife back and enjoy the trip a little more.

One last thing, I noticed in Enschede and while waiting for the train at Deventer that there are a ton of really hot women in the Netherlands. I mean a really high percentage.
tell me something....
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

^^^

JF, next time go to Rotterdam, we'll have lunch.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
^^^

JF, next time go to Rotterdam, we'll have lunch.
sounds good, there's a good chance I will have to go back.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote