Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #51
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I get why they make the same characters over and over again. Those are popular characters and there are new people getting into the hobby every year that don't want to have to track down older pieces, or in many cases, the quality has improved. Doesn't help those that already purchased the older ones but that's just how it goes.

The edition sizes, on the other hand, are crazy. When you look at the new PF going up for sale when they still have the old in stock.
When you see a new PF of a character and the old one is in stock still, then you know there is a problem. Rather them under estimate the ES rather than over estimate.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #52
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
75% of customs look terrible and i wish they would go away and there are way too many statue companies.

Kinda agree, some of them look like cheap knock off's, or concept is cool but the details don't look good at all. Very few customs look amazing
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:20 PM   #53
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
XM makes some great looking statues, they're just too difficult to acquire in the US without paying an exorbitant shipping cost on top of the already high price.
True but SS in the states will still reach for the xm price target regardless since they see people paying those prices. They want to cash in and its just business. They rather profit from the higher prices instead of giving the aftermarket to collectors, scalpers, or resellers for life reasons. This can be a dangerous game long term and can destroy the entire market.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #54
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
True but SS in the states will still reach for the xm price target regardless since they see people paying those prices. They want to cash in and its just business. They rather profit from the higher prices instead of giving the aftermarket to collectors, scalpers, or resellers for life reasons. This can be a dangerous game long term and can destroy the entire market.
Try selling statues with high ES and see what you get on the aftermarket! They are already destroying this hobby because greed..Good luck statue company's because only the rich will keep playing..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #55
Vracula
Jedi Order

Second hand Market is dead for collectors here in Australia. I have to absolutley Love the statue before I buy it, can’t offload as easily as I used to before.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #56
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
If you're willing to take that risk I don't blame anyone. Could find yourself paying 50% more years later for some pieces or just missing out entirely.
With the way technology is going there are always better versions down the road. I mean look at Daniel Bel’s work for Sideshow , easily outdoes the iterations beforehand imho.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:56 PM   #57
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
With the way technology is going there are always better versions down the road. I mean look at Daniel Bel’s work for Sideshow , easily outdoes the iterations beforehand imho.
Except for Captain America.

chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:59 PM   #58
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Except for Captain America.

I own Capn an I prefer it to any they have done. My only complaint is the paint job on the shield looks dirty and terrible.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:12 PM   #59
Rav
The Spirit

Yep, just got a couple of pieces 2nd hand with a big discount off retail.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:02 PM   #60
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
It's a good point to never pre order on day 1, and maybe its good that folks don't PO until an actual ES is released, to prevent a higher than usual ES. But don't know how many of us can really show that restraint.

I hope that XM gets SS to up there game, not up there prices significantly, but i guess we can't have both :'(. But often i don't find XM pieces are double the price good, some are definitely worth it, but others are kinda to close to call.
thats pretty much what ive been doing recently, worked with Sabretooth, 500 EX is low for a SS piece these days , & plan on waiting to order gambit but not a day before that ES is released.

ANd i think XM already has made SS up there game, (prices too obv) but that should be evident for the Quality SS has been producing lately, top notch for the most part imo.
and too add , SS & XM are very close on there pricing right now with shipping aside. but man XM has some ugly portraits where sideshow kind of thrives in that category, especially female portraits.
101son is offline   Reply With Quote