Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 12-31-2011, 01:23 AM   #521
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
whats that?
sorry 50mbs/50mbs

Fastest speed Verizon offers in California, unless they finally rolled out the 100mbs/50mbs
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #522
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Did you get the Drucula prints today?
No I wanted to get the Mickey one but decided to just go out to get some food instead >_>
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:51 AM   #523
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
A person should not have to sit at their computer on a business day for up to a couple of hours constantly hitting refresh to only have a fighting chance at a piece. There are a few informed members here that got totally stone walled for the last two weeks. This comes from a guy who actually got what he wanted this week to boot (crapped the sheets last week tho).

I personally feel like a tard after half an hour or so of watching my kids forced to entertain themselves on a precious morning off so I can "f5".
They can't tell a specific time or even the hour because the site would crash if that were to happen since everybody would be refreshing that whole hour. That is why there is usually a three hour window on sale day.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:51 AM   #524
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
No I wanted to get the Mickey one but decided to just go out to get some food instead >_>
Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 AM   #525
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
They can't tell a specific time or even the hour because the site would crash if that were to happen since everybody would be refreshing that whole hour. That is why there is usually a three hour window on sale day.
Well, while you were out getting food today the site crashed anyway, despite the 3 hr. window. Miraculously all three prints still sold out in a minute or so leaving the majority of us here empty handed.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 AM   #526
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Is that worth it? Wouldn't your earnings for the day far out strip the 150-200% flipper premium on a piece? Not to mention the compounded loss if you missed out as this nonsense is now a game of seconds it seems.
I get 4 weeks of vacation time. So, I'll be paid for it.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #527
biglebowski9999

Quote:
The actual answer, which I got straight from Mondo, is that their licences are granted based on a (typically) small ES' which will have limited profitability. What I gathered from their explanation was that if they were able to garner larger profits the licences would not be granted or be too expensive to acquire. They also went onto say that they do have a vested interest in keeping the collectability high.

If I were running this and my profitability was limited by fixed prices and low ES coupled with the lucrative secondary market, I would be VERY tempted to supplement my income by making sure certain people I knew had access to a portion of the prints each week. Just something to think about.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #528
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
If I were running this and my profitability was limited by fixed prices and low ES coupled with the lucrative secondary market, I would be VERY tempted to supplement my income by making sure certain people I knew had access to a portion of the prints each week. Just something to think about.
That's the Mondo 12. Ken's a member. Do you actually believe every Friday he sits in the corner for 6-8 hours on his little phone trying to order posters and (1) is successful and (2) is still employed.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #529
Luminous
Cyclops

All the stress some of you have experienced with the last few releases is exactly why I have just accepted that if I really want a particular piece then I will have to hunt it down later. Yes I end up paying more but the absence of stress and frustration is well worth it. Not to mention this method helps me be more selective in what I purchase.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #530
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
All the stress some of you have experienced with the last few releases is exactly why I have just accepted that if I really want a particular piece then I will have to hunt it down later. Yes I end up paying more but the absence of stress and frustration is well worth it. Not to mention this method helps me be more selective in what I purchase.
Yep. I think I need to adopt this method too. The temptation of being able to score a piece at cost is just so tempting sometimes, but as you say it's really not worth the frustration and I find myself interested in things I probably shouldn't be buying in the first place.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote