Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 12-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #121
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Thank you for clarifying things...

As collectors we assume the word Exclusive to mean something else....Bonus is a better word.

Its A noble thing to try and be fair and not make collectors feel left out.

Its just a Bonus if we order direct from you we get Ken's short hair. and other benefits.

I can't wait to order Ken direct from your website for the added Bonuses..

Thank you Kinetiquettes for your fast and Very Reasonable responses..!
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:21 AM   #122
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I think Kinetiquettes is taking a good approach. The entire statue ES is low enough that an exclusive is not even necessary. It's already exclusive enough.

Besides, switching between Alpha and post-Alpha hair is huge. When you consider the diorama, a simple swap of hair will change the time period and subsequently, overall feel. It creates so many more possible mix-ups between the four characters.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:20 PM   #123
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Time to tease with some early WIP
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:55 AM   #124
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Interesting...so the pose has changed?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #125
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Interesting...so the pose has changed?
Yes we updated the pose to better suite the overall diorama and his left arm will be swapable
Old 09-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #126
nongshim
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Can we get another update on Ryu?
nongshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #127
khrisc
The X-Men

what happened to this? so sad this piece has been overtaken by other projects like the the 1/4 one..would be happy if Kinetiquettes can focus on finishing a set first before moving on to a new one like the femme fatales.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:16 AM   #128
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Sorry for the long wait guys. We definitely want to finish the line. Just that the sculptor Thiago has been very very busy so progress has been slow. But rest assured, we will finish the line by next year. Ryu updates coming very soon
Old 10-26-2016, 01:13 AM   #129
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I agree, finishing projects should definitely be a priority. Otherwise there's just going to be one here and one there and nothing will be completed.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:59 PM   #130
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

I’m sure they have multiple artists working on various projects and it really comes down to the artists themselves who dictate the rate of completion.

What’s starting to concern me more is the execution of these dioramas. Seeing the initial concept art is nice and all but it differs from seeing the complete diorama. I’m getting a sense that each character is a separate diorama as oppose to a single multi character diorama.

Looking at Ken, the statue turned out great, awesome pose, great sculpt and paint application. The only downside I see is the footprint, it’s massive and seems a little excessive in my opinion. I can’t imagine how big the entire diorama will turn out.

As a side note, I was really pumped for DMC and Thundercats but after seeing them I got overwhelmed by the sheer size. Don’t get me wrong I think they look epic and I really like the story being portrayed. But honestly who has the room to display these massive dioramas? I realize there is the option to display them separately but that sort of defeats the purpose behind the whole concept.

Not to mention price being another factor, the DMC diorama was a lot to drop at once. It probably would have been wiser to split up, have a gap in between. Perhaps release as two separate VS dioramas as they should be, then push for sales through incentives and promotions.

In my opinion there should be a price cap depending on the number of characters. For example a two character 1/6 diorama should not exceed more than $650 +/- taking the character size in consideration. Looking at Thundercats, I can’t fathom it falling anywhere near that, but likely around $1200+.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote