Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-03-2019, 12:42 PM   #101
moviemonster
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
It's not that they can't achieve a one-piece statue from a technical standpoint. I believe the terms of their licence with Marvel requires them to produce the statues as snap-fit "kits".
Okay, if that is the case, why couldn’t they simply mold the upper body and arms together as one piece. That way they could keep The seems hidden like in the waist and head? Then put the seems from the arms and put them where the legs attach to the pants so they could be hidden.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:03 AM   #102
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

ShartirusPrime’s Thor review is up.

https://youtu.be/zox_uNRAbZE
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #103
AC_808
Hercules

That's look nice ...gotta say.

But I need a classic Thor in 1/4 scale and 1/6 scale. Come on Fine Arts and ArtFX line!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #104
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
That's look nice ...gotta say.

But I need a classic Thor in 1/4 scale and 1/6 scale. Come on Fine Arts and ArtFX line!
You don't like the fine art classic?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:27 AM   #105
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
You don't like the fine art classic?
You mean this one?

It's ok. I missed it when it first came out, so I'm waiting for a new classic Thor statue.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #106
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

That's the one.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #107
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I did not realize these are all 1/10th scale. Pass
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #108
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I got my notification from BBTS that Marvel ArtFX Premier Thor Odinson is being processed.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #109
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

Before this Premier thing shown I was dreaming about what the next comic Marvel ArtFX+ line could be. Since the first reveal of ArtFX Premier it was obvious there would be no such thing and all their focus will be gone to this highly detailed line which no one asked for. SDCC 2019 has just made this for sure.

Even with their realistic and exaggerated usage of textures they are 1/10 scale and their prices are just too much. From now on for a Marvel or DC fan the starting price of this brand has jumped from $80 to $140 minimum, climbing up to $190-200 for a 1/10 scaled statue. Their choice with not continuing Marvel ArtFX+ line is a huge mistake which would make them lose lots of customers.

I wonder what led them to this decision - The latest Avengers line wasn’t successful enough? I always wanted a new X-Men wave after, maybe a new Spider-Man one or an entirely new Marvel Knights. With all of them not going to happen and I’m not gonna pick these Premier ones up unless they won’t get a huge discount on Amazon in the future so I don’t know what to do and collect next.
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:03 PM   #110
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Carnage View Post
Before this Premier thing shown I was dreaming about what the next comic Marvel ArtFX+ line could be. Since the first reveal of ArtFX Premier it was obvious there would be no such thing and all their focus will be gone to this highly detailed line which no one asked for. SDCC 2019 has just made this for sure.

Even with their realistic and exaggerated usage of textures they are 1/10 scale and their prices are just too much. From now on for a Marvel or DC fan the starting price of this brand has jumped from $80 to $140 minimum, climbing up to $190-200 for a 1/10 scaled statue. Their choice with not continuing Marvel ArtFX+ line is a huge mistake which would make them lose lots of customers.

I wonder what led them to this decision - The latest Avengers line wasn’t successful enough? I always wanted a new X-Men wave after, maybe a new Spider-Man one or an entirely new Marvel Knights. With all of them not going to happen and I’m not gonna pick these Premier ones up unless they won’t get a huge discount on Amazon in the future so I don’t know what to do and collect next.
Collect Diamond Select Toys instead.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote