Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-24-2019, 07:35 AM   #141
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's current market prices, stop comparing it to statues that went up for pre-order well over 18 months ago.

And comparing to released pieces that are marked down? What are you talking about.

A 1/4 statue with an art print on a base using clear resin for $440 in the current marketplace is a very good price.

No one is making 1/4 Statues for $300, you are in a dream world if you think this should only be $300.
Not like it’s even that long ago, and even in the case of Ibuki or Dhalsim it hasn’t been very long since they went up for order.

Nobody making 1:4 statues doesn’t mean this tho is worth the price. A cheap base and simple character ain’t worth what they’re charging.

But lol, we’ll see this thing being marked down in a few years.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:39 AM   #142
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
Your're smoking crack.

If this was a sideshow premium format it would be at least $575, the crab would be the EX on a proximity base.

$440 for a 1:4 scale statue in this market is a damn good price!

In comparison Prime 1 1:4 Street Fighter statues will probably be around $900'ish when they go up for pre-order soon.
I’m smoking crack but you got people saying this thing looks good when it can’t even get the face right LOL.

$440 for a statue with a crap likeness is nowhere near worth that price.

And Prime 1 comparison isn’t even valid. They give you what you pay for with detail, base, and extras. With this thing you just get a cheap art print by a hack job, D grade artist that also can’t get her face right.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #143
No1
The Avengers

I think some of you are being too harsh on her, ok PCS made mistakes before and we have reasons for not be happy, but I think the statue looks ok to me, I liked.

The idea of a swimsuit line is very original, taking the Bishoujo sexy spirit that was lost, and bringing back in Street Fighter pieces...

And I can see Laura on that face, is not so far from the original, like for example MAI from HMO, that a lot of people is loving but have ZERO likeness.

I love the curves, as a brazilian myself I think she is a very good representation, the curves of the womans here are just like that, it´s that mix between black and white people. I just don´t like the swimsuit costume, because I never see a woman using something like this, here they dress a very short bikini, but ok it´s the game version.

It´s too late for SF5 statues? Well we have MK1 Statues around and everyone loves because it´s classics, so I don´t think this as a problem... Problem is make a PO and waiting 3 years to released.

About the price, Sakura black base is 440, Shadaloo Cammy black base 400, all 1/4, 1/6 Trigger Line was 300 (original price) so I think it´s fair, could be more cheap? Yes but it´s not overpriced. And Prime 1 it´s another world, their Ryu for example have a HUGE base, tons of details and effects, and the price we don´t know yet, but my guess will be over 700.

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #144
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
I’m smoking crack but you got people saying this thing looks good when it can’t even get the face right LOL.

$440 for a statue with a crap likeness is nowhere near worth that price.

And Prime 1 comparison isn’t even valid. They give you what you pay for with detail, base, and extras. With this thing you just get a cheap art print by a hack job, D grade artist that also can’t get her face right.
You missed the point. Doesn't matter if it looks like Laura or not it's still a quarter scale statue for $440. You can't beat that in this market. The manufacturer is not going to charge you less because it doesn't look like the character the material still cost X amount of money regardless if looks like the character or not.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #145
craigcliff1
Zot

I haven't paid $440.00 in about 5 years. I got Boba PF in 2014 for $440.00
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:26 AM   #146
Harbinger176
The Spirit

Last time I paid $440 for a statue was for Skeletor but that was actually $449.

Still it's a relief when a 1/4 statue like Laura is being offered at a price that now seems like a bargain today.

If other statues follow at this price, I have to seriously consider this line.
Harbinger176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #147
craigcliff1
Zot

If I go further $400.00 I think Cody PF, $350.00 Shaak Ti PF,
$300.00 Clonetrooper. less than $250,00 original Darth Maul PF in 2007
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #148
ukshaun
Hercules

I had a play about. It still doesn't look 100% like Laura but..

Alterations include:
Smaller eyes
Wider nose
Mouth more close
Hair quiff moved forwards
Laura's right iris moved inwards slightly
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #149
No1
The Avengers

Nice work, I still want to see the statue itself, may look diferent from those pictures, wating for SDCC

I was looking around here and I was thinking this is a kind of piece that doesn´t work alone, can´t combine with nothing here, I hope they released at least 3 or 4 others girls, maybe a Karin, please make Karin, and of course Cammy and Chun Li.

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:20 PM   #150
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Nice work, I still want to see the statue itself, may look diferent from those pictures, wating for SDCC

I was looking around here and I was thinking this is a kind of piece that doesn´t work alone, can´t combine with nothing here, I hope they released at least 3 or 4 others girls, maybe a Karin, please make Karin, and of course Cammy and Chun Li.

I think there may be a Karin at SDCC :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote