Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #121
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Bruce Wayne and Batman both using humor in these contexts took me out of this trailer. Also, the general grayness/metallic visual tone just feels too dark, despite the obvious and poor attempts at humor (talks to fish, really? Is this still a funny comment after all these decades?). I loved Snyder's work on 300 and Watchmen but he's lost me beginning with MoS and this one feels like a trainwreck as well.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #122
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'm with you. I can't get that excited for this movie. I'm def looking forward to WW more than this. Which is a shame..because I'm a DC kid at heart, and this is the Justice League.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #123
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Bruce Wayne and Batman both using humor in these contexts took me out of this trailer. Also, the general grayness/metallic visual tone just feels too dark, despite the obvious and poor attempts at humor (talks to fish, really? Is this still a funny comment after all these decades?). I loved Snyder's work on 300 and Watchmen but he's lost me beginning with MoS and this one feels like a trainwreck as well.
Worst case is that this will be the final Snyder film you will have to endure. Having said that I have faith that the collaborative effort being put forth is cause for optimism
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:18 PM   #124
Parallax
Nightwing

The movie isn't going to be like this. Just wait for the first trailer (not a comic con first look) and you'll get the actual tone of the movie.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #125
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
The movie isn't going to be like this. Just wait for the first trailer (not a comic con first look) and you'll get the actual tone of the movie.
This is the first trailer. I think we're seeing the tone right here. Hard to say with confidence that the movie won't be like this based on this trailer since this is the first trailer.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #126
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Worst case is that this will be the final Snyder film you will have to endure. Having said that I have faith that the collaborative effort being put forth is cause for optimism
I hope you're right. That said, MoS and BvS both leave me pessimistic about this Snyder effort. I know it's early, but his history as evidence of his DC films, coupled with this trailer, leave me concerned.

Last edited by wktf; 07-24-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #127
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
This is the first trailer. I think we're seeing the tone right here. Hard to say with confidence that the movie won't be like this based on this trailer since this is the first trailer.
It's not the first trailer. It's the first look. It's the Justice League Comic Con trailer. Remember the Suicide Squad Comic Con trailer? It was dark and had slow, creepy music and didn't look fun at all. Then the first trailer comes along and it's Bohemian Rhapsody and then Ballroom Blitz and then a remix to a few different songs. I guarantee you this isn't the tone of the movie. The fact that they have a disclaimer at the start should be enough to let you know this is just a first look. They've only been filming for a few months.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:12 PM   #128
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

The first Suicide Squad Con trailer looked great to me so, once again, we just don't agree, which is fine. But happy to hold you to your guarantee.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:53 AM   #129
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
The first Suicide Squad Con trailer looked great to me so, once again, we just don't agree, which is fine. But happy to hold you to your guarantee.
Justice League teaser looks pretty bad. Batman still seems totally lost to me, Aquaman is a caveman now? It didn't make me want to see it at all. The jokes are not funny.

Suicide Squad also doesn't do it for me, it just looks so forced to me and again, not funny.

DC had great potential with Batman Begins and Dark Knight but no good movies since then IMO. I've given up on them now after this teaser.

At least their TV shows are great. Flash, Arrow, and Legends are so much better than he DC movies.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:04 AM   #130
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
I liked it too, that wasn't the point though. That wasn't accurate at all to the tone of the movie as shown in the actual trailers. Even David Ayer came out and tweeted that it wasn't an accurate representation of his movie and it was just to show the fans something with what they'd already shot. Justice League is doing the same thing. They started filming in April and a month ago said they still hadn't had Cyborg's suit designed. They used whatever they had already. It's 3 months into production, they don't have the entire movie filmed, they have less edited, and they have less finished with special effects to actually show. You can't make a trailer for a movie when you have so little to show. That's why the tone of the movie itself won't be the same as the tone of this first look.