Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-27-2019, 01:17 AM   #651
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

The P1 store has points and economy shipping to the USA. I wonder what the benefit would be of ordering from SC for unreleased statues? I suppose it would help keep shipping down for people living in some other countries like Canada.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:12 AM   #652
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
The P1 store has points and economy shipping to the USA. I wonder what the benefit would be of ordering from SC for unreleased statues? I suppose it would help keep shipping down for people living in some other countries like Canada.
Not everything is economy shipping and it takes 3 months or so to receive anything. The rewards are nice though considering how expensive these statues are. Maybe SC will come up with something similar.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:00 PM   #653
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
Not everything is economy shipping and it takes 3 months or so to receive anything. The rewards are nice though considering how expensive these statues are. Maybe SC will come up with something similar.
This 3 month wait also confuses me. Sideshow used to receive their P1 stock a couple months after people who purchased directly from P1. The statues would come by boat. Not sure if SC will receive their statues any faster than I will via economy shipping.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:43 AM   #654
Shoo
Hercules

September 4!

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #655
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Surely they will show off the DKR Armored Batman during this month.....right? I mean come on.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #656
SONICobra
Batman

looking forward to seeing if theres been any kind of update to zero year batman and it displayed next to some more pieces for size comparison. if it really is 1/3 scale (which the first proto was not) i would pick that up over bane
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #657
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
looking forward to seeing if theres been any kind of update to zero year batman and it displayed next to some more pieces for size comparison. if it really is 1/3 scale (which the first proto was not) i would pick that up over bane
Odd that the scale issue on this piece hasn’t been cleared up yet. In the video I saw of it next to other pieces it was clearly not 1:3 scale.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 04:13 PM   #658
mva5580

I know I've harped on it but it's seriously one of the most baffling things with statues that I've seen.

It's obviously not a 1/3 scale statue, yet that's what their product page says. And if licensing is what it's made out to be, why would Sideshow allow them to make a 1/4 comic based Batman?

I have no idea how much they've been asked this question on Facebook, through their customer service, or whatever, but I would really love a legitimate answer to those questions. It's an awesome statue and as it stands I plan on getting it, but it just doesn't make any sense.

Also imagine how H-U-G-E this thing would be if it really does get made in 1/3 scale, it would be a considerably bigger footprint than Bane. I mean even as it is, it's 24" W and 27" D. Seems like it would cost closer to 2k than $1,600.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:21 PM   #659
SONICobra
Batman

thats what im saying, actually seems like a decent "deal" for $1600 at 1/3 scale
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #660
mva5580

If it actually were 1/3 scale yep, it would be a deal considering how much you're getting in comparison to other statues. They've just never shown anything other than 1/4 and yet the product description says 1/3.

It's just a weird situation. I know it's complete speculation, but I wonder if this statue has anything to do with the whole Sideshow situation. Didn't this all start around the time this statue was revealed/put up for order? It just doesn't make any sense that this statue exists as-is.