Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-21-2022, 09:32 PM   #111
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

What we found, in regards to this line. Is that many g1 fans want toys, and transformable ones at that. Statue collectors that are fans of the Bay movies are more willing to purchase the crazy expensive prime 1 movie statues, and aren't necessarily toy collectors. G1 collectors are less likely to drop heavy cash on a big g1 animation maquette, they'll save that money for mint in box vintage toys. That said, The g1 line we did sold out other than the seekers that sideshow owns (they charge a heavy shipping fee that other retailers absorbed, so their stock has lasted). With that sell out in mind, and honestly, our own fandom and desire to keep the license alive, we are working on a Devastator. It's going to be big. And expensive. But we want to keep it going. I personally have all the museum scale stuff we did, and will keep my own collection going as long as we make these.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 09:56 PM   #112
off
The X-Men

Have Optimus and Megatron. Love them!!

Hope Devastator is going to be the cell shaded version as well!
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:49 PM   #113
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
What we found, in regards to this line. Is that many g1 fans want toys, and transformable ones at that. Statue collectors that are fans of the Bay movies are more willing to purchase the crazy expensive prime 1 movie statues, and aren't necessarily toy collectors. G1 collectors are less likely to drop heavy cash on a big g1 animation maquette, they'll save that money for mint in box vintage toys. That said, The g1 line we did sold out other than the seekers that sideshow owns (they charge a heavy shipping fee that other retailers absorbed, so their stock has lasted). With that sell out in mind, and honestly, our own fandom and desire to keep the license alive, we are working on a Devastator. It's going to be big. And expensive. But we want to keep it going. I personally have all the museum scale stuff we did, and will keep my own collection going as long as we make these.
What happened to the Dinobots? I thought Devastator was supposed to be in a diorama battling with the 5 dinobots. I would argue that would be more popular than Omega Supreme.

And yes I hope you do a cell shaded version of Devastator too.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 11:08 PM   #114
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
What happened to the Dinobots? I thought Devastator was supposed to be in a diorama battling with the 5 dinobots. I would argue that would be more popular than Omega Supreme.

And yes I hope you do a cell shaded version of Devastator too.
No diorama of that scope is planned. We have the grimlock supreme coming next year, and then Devastator after that. Not sure if devastator will be cel shaded or not. It's crazy expensive to do that.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:18 AM   #115
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
No diorama of that scope is planned. We have the grimlock supreme coming next year, and then Devastator after that. Not sure if devastator will be cel shaded or not. It's crazy expensive to do that.
But cell shaded looks so good and it will match the previous releases. If it isn't cell shaded it's going to stick out like a sore thumb.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:27 AM   #116
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
But cell shaded looks so good and it will match the previous releases. If it isn't cell shaded it's going to stick out like a sore thumb.
Agreed. I just don't want to make any promises yet.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:39 AM   #117
off
The X-Men

Make promises! It's ok!! Lol
Old 12-22-2022, 10:07 AM   #118
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Agreed. I just don't want to make any promises yet.
I know you guys put a lot of hard work into the new Grimlock but he doesn’t fit the cartoon pieces you released before him. I understand the cell shading is expensive and probably time consuming but not having them on Devastator is going to be devastating, no pun intended.

You guys made top 5 one of the most colorful bases and my personal favorite on Megatron. The purple and pinks pop because of the shading. I think it will do the same with the lime green and purple on Devastator.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 08:14 PM   #119
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I know you guys put a lot of hard work into the new Grimlock but he doesn?t fit the cartoon pieces you released before him. I understand the cell shading is expensive and probably time consuming but not having them on Devastator is going to be devastating, no pun intended.

You guys made top 5 one of the most colorful bases and my personal favorite on Megatron. The purple and pinks pop because of the shading. I think it will do the same with the lime green and purple on Devastator.

Agree with the sentiment but to me, the orange base on Optimus pops better than Megatron!

Love the cell shading!! Picked up all the small guys! Would have loved to get the seekers but I was already deep into IAs line and the three hundred shipping, just couldn't do it!

Would love the cell Shaded Devastator, still think he could be the same size as Optimus/Megatron and it would be great, don't need a ginormous space hog!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:06 PM   #120
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
Would love the cell Shaded Devastator, still think he could be the same size as Optimus/Megatron and it would be great, don't need a ginormous space hog!
I found Optimus’s pose a little weird. I’m sure it looks better in person but the videos I watched didn’t sell me but yeah the orange base looks nice. Same with the seekers exhaust fire. Something about the neon-ish shades look nice. It’s sad I like the bases more than the actual pieces lol.

I would love to have a little dio of all the Constructicons together about to form Devy instead of another paperweight. Shrapnel, Bombshell and Kickback would have looked great with the water decals too.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote