Hercules

I loved Patrick Swayze in the role.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 03:29 PM   #12
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Yes not THE GREATEST likeness. For me I go with the characters I like and not so big into poses and likeness. Yes some work it be awesome,
Yeah I can understand that. My Attakus Luke Skywalker looks nothing like him in the face but the body looks spot on. I know who he's meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
To be fair, if you disregard the lack of likeness, it's actually a cool looking bust...and Gentle Giant has never been known for spot-on likenesses anyway.
I thought Gentle Giant was supposed to be accurate due to their use of 3D scanning?
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 08:58 PM   #13
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I loved Patrick Swayze in the role.
It's the eyes, right?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 02:11 AM   #14
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
It's the eyes, right?
Mainly.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 06:37 PM   #15
DSTZach
Distributor

This is in stores next Wednesday!
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 06:41 PM   #16
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
I thought Gentle Giant was supposed to be accurate due to their use of 3D scanning?
Gentle Giant Studios used to do a lot of 3-D scanning of faces and props for certain movies (and wrestlers), including the SW prequels, but they don't have access to all movie sets and actors at all years and ages. Most of their work is done by talented digital sculptors using exhaustive reference. We use GGS for a lot of our products at Gentle Giant LTD (different company), but this was not done by them.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:22 AM   #17
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
Gentle Giant Studios used to do a lot of 3-D scanning of faces and props for certain movies (and wrestlers), including the SW prequels, but they don't have access to all movie sets and actors at all years and ages. Most of their work is done by talented digital sculptors using exhaustive reference. We use GGS for a lot of our products at Gentle Giant LTD (different company), but this was not done by them.
Maybe the sculptor on this piece is talented but they must have been having an off day when they sculpted this one. I know you work for DST so will always defend them, but surely even you can admit the face sculpt on this doesn't look right. I mean, it looks absolutely nothing like Harrison Ford. Is GG trying for realism these days or are you more like Attakus who seems to do their own interpretations with face sculpts?
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 07:20 AM   #18
ukshaun
Hercules

Who is that in the OP?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:51 PM   #19
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Maybe the sculptor on this piece is talented but they must have been having an off day when they sculpted this one. I know you work for DST so will always defend them, but surely even you can admit the face sculpt on this doesn't look right. I mean, it looks absolutely nothing like Harrison Ford. Is GG trying for realism these days or are you more like Attakus who seems to do their own interpretations with face sculpts?
Nope, we strive for realism! Harrison' Ford's face is a tough one, and not every sculpt of him nails it, whether it's a 4-inch action figure from Hasbro or a 1/6 from Hot Toys or whoever everyone loves these days. I think this one comes pretty close, I just think the photograph is from an unfavorable angle. Also, this is a prototype, but I look forward to seeing a production piece in person.
Old 12-26-2023, 03:21 AM   #20
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
It's his cousin, Ohio Jones

lol
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote