Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #11
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Actually, if you read the novels, Boba Fett SURVIVED the Sarlacc Pit.

Grievous is pieces parts.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #12
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith lord utinni!
Boba Fett freakin' rocks and is awesome. However, I think the way he died is so freakin' lame and alot worse than how GG went out. Atleast GG got killed by a jedi master. Poor old Boba had to get hit from behind AND it was on freakin' accident too!
It was lame. In the interviews with Lucas about that though, Lucas says that at the time Fett was only a minor character. Fett only became popular after the movie was out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2
Actually, if you read the novels, Boba Fett SURVIVED the Sarlacc Pit.

Grievous is pieces parts.
I have read the novels. While they are great books, Lucas does not recognize them as part of HIS story. Sucks, because the Fett trilogy of books really shows what a badass he is.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Boba is over rated. DV rules
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #14
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

I've always been a big Boba Fett fan ever since I was a kid and saw him onscreen. I didn't care that he only had three lines (four if his scream in ROTJ is included) that he only stood around most of the time, and that he got taken out by a blind man.

Now, here come the prequels and we get daddy Fett (Jango) and we see why a FETT can be such a badass. Now it is easier to see what Boba is capable of. Jango took out a Jedi and held his own with Kenobi. It took one of the top two Jedi in the Order to finally take out Jango. Jango = badass!

And, while Grievous didn't kill any Jedi, he did manage to take out a few Clonetroopers on Utapau while driving his wheelbike, and he held his own against Kenobi as well which is far far more than Boba ever did in any of the movies.

Boba will always hold that sense of coolness for me that I've had since childhood, but Grievous gets that badass stamp due to what is shown in the movie.

Neither would get the title "wuzz" though.
Mini-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #15
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

Well said there. And if you notice Jango's downfall is also due to a jetpack malfunction.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #16
DarthBane
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Rock
Now, here come the prequels and we get daddy Fett (Jango) and we see why a FETT can be such a badass. Now it is easier to see what Boba is capable of. Jango took out a Jedi and held his own with Kenobi. It took one of the top two Jedi in the Order to finally take out Jango. Jango = badass!
I agree Jango Fett is a badass..plus he has better lookin armor. Even though boba's armor looks like it has been through hell, I think Jangos still looks better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Rock
And, while Grievous didn't kill any Jedi, he did manage to take out a few Clonetroopers on Utapau while driving his wheelbike, and he held his own against Kenobi as well which is far far more than Boba ever did in any of the movies.
Actually if you watch the deleted scenes you see Grievous kill a Jedi, which would make him a badass
DarthBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #17
SpenK
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Emmm.....Every Lightsaber he has.....is one DEAD JEDI.....
SpenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 AM   #18
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn550
It was lame. In the interviews with Lucas about that though, Lucas says that at the time Fett was only a minor character. Fett only became popular after the movie was out.

I have read the novels. While they are great books, Lucas does not recognize them as part of HIS story. Sucks, because the Fett trilogy of books really shows what a badass he is.

Which is ironic seeing how he personally approves all of that stuff.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #19
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

I know what you mean. He really killed the plots to a lot of the books when he decided to do things different. Maybe he didn't have to follow the EU books exactly, but he at least could have followed the general outline.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:15 AM   #20
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Im a giant boba fett fan, but in all fairness, greivous might be able to kick his ass. It would definitely be a good fight.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote