Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-10-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow Jackman Talks X3 And Wolverine

Our favourite feral fighter Wolverine is getting some new moves! His alter-ego, Hugh Jackman has gossiped to Entertainment Weekly about his upcoming roles in X-Men 3 and the will-it-won’t-it solo pic Wolverine, and Brett Ratner unbelievers could well be surprised:

According to the Brylcreemed one, budget increases mean more of Wolvie’s signature fighting style could be brought over from the comics: ”We tried to incorporate a little more of some of the artwork of the comics into Wolverine's fighting style. I was very adamant at the beginning in 1 and 2 - I used to watch tapes of Mike Tyson - and I was like, I don't want it to be pretty. I don't want it to be martial arts. I don't want him to be anything other than, like, a street fighter. He doesn't fight for the sake of fighting. If he can take someone's head off in the first punch, he'll take it off.”

Oooh, you big strong man you. And it’s not just Wolverine who’s going to benefit from increased funds: “There's a lot of things we really tried to get in 1 and 2 which - I don't mean to be blunt - were just real expensive and we couldn't get them in until 1 and 2 were so successful. So there's some sequences there that the fans - if you go to that midnight screening on the first night, they'll just be going ballistic. There's some specific choreography, famous fighting moves, that we use in this movie that we haven't been able to do before.”

So far so tantalising, but c’mon Hugh, is Wolverine going to happen? Jackman’s optimistic: ”I'm into it. We're actually working on a script…I love playing the part. I think it's the best part going around. I may be biased, but I think there's so much still to be mined, still to be learned from that [character]. I think it will stand up to a feature-length movie. And we've had some really amazing interests from some great filmmakers and great writers also really intrigued by the character.”

From Empire Online.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:50 AM   #2
Twoguns-Crowley
Shadowhawk

Money holds em back?? No wonder Juggy's outfit stinks in the new one and beast is naked.
As far as Wolvie goes, how can less martial arts and more street fighting cost more? He should be a gritty killing machine, work in a fastball special bub!
Twoguns-Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoguns-Crowley
Money holds em back?? No wonder Juggy's outfit stinks in the new one and beast is naked.
As far as Wolvie goes, how can less martial arts and more street fighting cost more? He should be a gritty killing machine, work in a fastball special bub!

Well while I can't argue why Juggy's outfit sucks, the naked Beast if you read the description was really to show the anatomy and how they were going to bring the Beast to the big screen. Never said they were going to bring him in nude, as you can tell he's clothed all the time in the flick, and plus that was all conceptual design, stuff that "inbetween" to get you to the final look. I would have preferred the Ram Man look to Juggy in the preproduction over the pinheaded look he's got going on now. But it makes sense, if he did have that dome on him, he can't turn around without turning around entirely, even though that's how he is, they couldn't see how it would work.
I'm hoping to see what else they got in this flick besides the Fastball Special.
Kewl article B!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
Twoguns-Crowley
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Well while I can't argue why Juggy's outfit sucks, the naked Beast if you read the description was really to show the anatomy and how they were going to bring the Beast to the big screen. Never said they were going to bring him in nude, as you can tell he's clothed all the time in the flick, and plus that was all conceptual design, stuff that "inbetween" to get you to the final look. I would have preferred the Ram Man look to Juggy in the preproduction over the pinheaded look he's got going on now. But it makes sense, if he did have that dome on him, he can't turn around without turning around entirely, even though that's how he is, they couldn't see how it would work.
I'm hoping to see what else they got in this flick besides the Fastball Special.
Kewl article B!
Ah, you speak the truth Ghost.
Twoguns-Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Well while I can't argue why Juggy's outfit sucks, the naked Beast if you read the description was really to show the anatomy and how they were going to bring the Beast to the big screen. Never said they were going to bring him in nude, as you can tell he's clothed all the time in the flick, and plus that was all conceptual design, stuff that "inbetween" to get you to the final look. I would have preferred the Ram Man look to Juggy in the preproduction over the pinheaded look he's got going on now. But it makes sense, if he did have that dome on him, he can't turn around without turning around entirely, even though that's how he is, they couldn't see how it would work.I'm hoping to see what else they got in this flick besides the Fastball Special.
Kewl article B!

I think they should have put the dome on him. It's not like this isn't a movie, and half the stuff they do in movies makes as little sense in the real world as the stuff they do in comics. Hey, you could show inside Juggernaut's helmet, from his perspective, and say that the helmet's interior was transparent from the inside, and gave him a complete 180 degree or better view, just like a person without that huge helmet on normally has. I always figured that the helmet had magical properties and allowed him to see that way anyway in the comics. And, yes I know they aren't having him be a magical character in the movie. He's a mutant, but, they could have the helmet's properties be tech based, instead of magic, just like they are appartently doing with the mental blocking properties it's supposed to have. Personally, I hate Juggy's look for the movie, and would have much rather prefered CGI to make him massive like he's supposed to be. He looks too much like a normal big guy, and he should look freaky huge......Just my two cents......
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
SirConor
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoguns-Crowley
Fastball special is definitely in it... you can see in the trailer Colossus hurling Wolvie through the air...
CANT WAIT!!
SirConor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #7
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man
I think they should have put the dome on him. It's not like this isn't a movie, and half the stuff they do in movies makes as little sense in the real world as the stuff they do in comics. Hey, you could show inside Juggernaut's helmet, from his perspective, and say that the helmet's interior was transparent from the inside, and gave him a complete 180 degree or better view, just like a person without that huge helmet on normally has. I always figured that the helmet had magical properties and allowed him to see that way anyway in the comics. And, yes I know they aren't having him be a magical character in the movie. He's a mutant, but, they could have the helmet's properties be tech based, instead of magic, just like they are appartently doing with the mental blocking properties it's supposed to have. Personally, I hate Juggy's look for the movie, and would have much rather prefered CGI to make him massive like he's supposed to be. He looks too much like a normal big guy, and he should look freaky huge......Just my two cents......
Hey I totally agree with you. Hell if we had it our way, Wolvie would be in his yellow spandex from day one! But I'm just taking it as how the studios would. Why'd they go that way who knows, thankfully they never really messed around with the characters to the point of us hating the flicks. I would have preferred a CG Juggs too but eh what can we do now?
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #8
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

This is the one franchise who have messed with costums far too much IMO.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

That's what I said to as soon as I saw Xmen1...hope they include Juggy in a secuel! That would be awesome since they would HAVE to make him CGI! (after all, he is the JUGGERNAUT, no human can play that). Otherwise he would indeed be just a big mutant (in this case). Oh well, we'll see.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #10
rychehitman
Galactus

If they do a WOLVERINE solo movie...is it too late to save the Sabretooth character with a quick recast?!?!?

If not, what bad guy do you think they'd go for? Would they explote the Japanese ties to Wllverine and Clan Yoshida with the Silver Samauri?......Cyber?.......Omega Red?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote