Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 05-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #21
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I guess I will try E-bay...OK i got Weapon X AOA regular and Burnt Variant off ebay $9.99 and $14.99 plus shipping...
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #22
DD_fan96
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Found them all this weekend in NC except for single variants. Plenty of two packs and masterworks.
DD_fan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:05 AM   #23
rychehitman
Galactus

STILL nothing in Ohio!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:12 AM   #24
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

The only thing we have left in the display of individual figures is an AOA Sabretooth. Out of the gift packs and Masterworks we've sold maybe 3, possibly four. The two packs are fairing a little bit better but not much.

Rych, is there a certain time you go in? If it's possible you might want to try between 7am-4pm because that's when the department managers are there. (S)he might be able to give you an idea of when they'll be coming in, or to ask the manager over them if they could find out. It might also be possible to give them your name and phone number and ask them to contact you if(when) the display comes in. Unless you run into an @ss Wal-mart's will usually bend over backwards to get your money....I mean, make you happy (so they can continue getting your money.)

I'd say that I can't believe your store won't get the display in sooner or later, but mine to this day has yet to see the Apocalypse wave and at this point I'm sure we never will.
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #25
the Hammer
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Nothing in PA yet, eastern PA. This really grabs my crank, cause now I don't know if these pieces will show up or not, so do I go online to get them, check ebay???? UGH!!!!
the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #26
tuv1305

I'd say if your store hasn't gotten them by now, you may want to begin looking elsewhere. It's not inconceivable that your store may not get this wave at all. As I posted before, mine never saw the Apocalypse wave. We're long gone on the Giant Man wave, those flew out I think the fastest I've seen any of the waves go. We're down to probably six two packs, and about that many of each of the Masterworks, and we're still sitting on almost all of the giftpacks.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #27
the Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuv1305
I'd say if your store hasn't gotten them by now, you may want to begin looking elsewhere. It's not inconceivable that your store may not get this wave at all. As I posted before, mine never saw the Apocalypse wave. We're long gone on the Giant Man wave, those flew out I think the fastest I've seen any of the waves go. We're down to probably six two packs, and about that many of each of the Masterworks, and we're still sitting on almost all of the giftpacks.
Thanks for this info....I went in yesterday, saw 1 boxed set only of the Young Avengers, and 1 each of the masterworks...NO Giant Man series figs and none of the 2 packs with Kingpin vs DD etc....NONE!!! You think I should begin my quest elsewhere at this point???
Old 05-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #28
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I spoke to a person in the toy dept. and they said it depends on the size of the toy department if they get them or not...but then again you never know...
I have 3 Walmarts in my area and only 1 got them in so far...
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #29
tuv1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Hammer
Thanks for this info....I went in yesterday, saw 1 boxed set only of the Young Avengers, and 1 each of the masterworks...NO Giant Man series figs and none of the 2 packs with Kingpin vs DD etc....NONE!!! You think I should begin my quest elsewhere at this point???

I would recommend it. Does your store tend to get the waves around the time reports start coming in online, or does it usually take a while? At mine usually around the time everybody's bragging about nabbing the hottest new wave, we get in a fresh case of the old crap. It's never failed, up until this display. That's something else that could be affecting your ability to find them locally, is how many of the previous figures are still sitting on your shelves. Wal-mart's inventory is controlled by a POS (Point Of Sale) system, which means that each time a figure is run across the checkouts, the system knows and then orders the next batch as needed. Legends are labeled AD, which means it can take up to two weeks for the new case to come in because it's not an item kept onhand at our warehouse.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #30
the Hammer

Man, I just hate to pay to have this stuff shipped and then all of a sudden I walk in and see the shelves loaded with them...I'm thinking I'll give it a couple more weeks...there are still a few of the Apocolypse line figs still on the shelf, so maybe that's holding things up a bit, but I don't necessarily see them going anywhere any time soon......