Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #2701
Chunk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This is my favorite Sideshow piece of all time. Perfection.
Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #2702
qz33
Rescue

Is this really that good?

Does the cape thingy add much to be worth $50 extra?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:40 AM   #2703
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Is this really that good?

Does the cape thingy add much to be worth $50 extra?
I went with the regular and IMO, it’s really that good.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:59 AM   #2704
pdenham
Teen Titans

The banner is a very cool, outside the box, stylish touch.

I think it adds a lot.

But I didn't think it was worth the extra $50. I also was confident, if I really wanted to I could craft a decent enough imitation of it to get the effect across, for a fraction of that.

Once I set up the regular version, I found more than enough there to impress, that I ended up forgetting all about the banner.

If the $50 is pocket change to you, go for it!
If not, you'll likely never miss it. The base sculpt/finished statue is just too impressive all by itself.

If you are thinking you should get the Ex for a better resale return down the road, you should realize you are more likely to lose money reselling in the future no matter which way you go.
As nice a piece as this is, there are just way too many of them produced. It's also not the first truly great Sonja, and it probably won't be the last.
I never thought any future RS could ever impress me as much as Will Harbottle's. For various reasons, I find I actually enjoy this third attempt even more.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:14 AM   #2705
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I got the ex a few weeks ago and her cape gives her more of a warrior look. I wasn’t going to get a third Sonja but it’s really hard to pass up a perfectly sculpted statue.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #2706
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
The banner is a very cool, outside the box, stylish touch.

I think it adds a lot.

But I didn't think it was worth the extra $50. I also was confident, if I really wanted to I could craft a decent enough imitation of it to get the effect across, for a fraction of that.

Once I set up the regular version, I found more than enough there to impress, that I ended up forgetting all about the banner.

If the $50 is pocket change to you, go for it!
If not, you'll likely never miss it. The base sculpt/finished statue is just too impressive all by itself.

If you are thinking you should get the Ex for a better resale return down the road, you should realize you are more likely to lose money reselling in the future no matter which way you go.
As nice a piece as this is, there are just way too many of them produced. It's also not the first truly great Sonja, and it probably won't be the last.
I never thought any future RS could ever impress me as much as Will Harbottle's. For various reasons, I find I actually enjoy this third attempt even more.
Even when you complement a statue it is never truly a pdenham post without a touch of melancholy lol.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:12 PM   #2707
qz33
Rescue

Thanks guys.

I always go for as complete a statue as possible.

Obviously the statue game is a money loser but an EX can maybe soften the blow or at least make a piece easier to move if needed down the road.

The free shipping on the reg just gave me pause though as I wondered if the cloak was well done or just a rag for $50 extra.

The final quality is what gets me to like statues and from the members here this one seems to match as advertised pretty good.
Statues are the most fun when I'm even more blown away in person than with pics so that is what I strive for!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #2708
nearmint
Phoenix

One of the most well-received statues in recent memory. I've thought about ordering it countless times, but knowing that my wife wouldn't appreciate it, I've refrained.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #2709
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have the EX and the Banner is real quality and adds a lot to the character in my opinion. I have her with Kier who also has a cape so I have the banner wrapped around her at the moment. I also love it on the ground hanging from the stump, just adds to the triumphant battle scene. there are as lot of really horrible and unimaginative EXs that SS is showing now, but this one is one that really adds to the character without taking anything away.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #2710
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
One of the most well-received statues in recent memory. I've thought about ordering it countless times, but knowing that my wife wouldn't appreciate it, I've refrained.
You've mentioned this point a number of times, which gives me the impression that you're not aligned.

Why is it so important that your wife approve of your statue tastes? I can understand her not approving of you hitting the crack pipe every night, or sleeping with the neighbours aupair....but, a statue!?!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote