Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #741
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
900 mill $ worldwide. The SJW's have won my man babies! RISE UP!! FIGHT THEM!

Make more youtube videos about how this movie has failed at the box office.
Youtubers have become almost unbearable for me, stretching out a simple topic beyond the 10 min mark with a bunch of fluff, it drives me crazy lol. And I've managed to catch the first min or two of some of the channels you're referring to and it's embarrassing. I cringe so hard at both far sides, it's like they're multiplying and turning somewhat normal people into super pro-whatever or anti-whatever with no in between views.

Sorry rant over

I think the real answer is it's a fun mediocre movie benefiting from leading into the biggest movie with a huge buildup and momentum. All the politics being pushed for or against are just
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:51 PM   #742
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I’ll probably buy the BD. It was enjoyable but in the middle of the MCU movies.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:49 AM   #743
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just watched for a third time and was even better than the last!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:37 AM   #744
Augen
Metal Men

I liked it.

If you had not told me this was controversial I never would have guessed. Felt very classic super hero to me. Some of the humor didn't land for me, but over all enjoyed it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #745
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I’ll probably buy the BD. It was enjoyable but in the middle of the MCU movies.
Same on both counts.

That said, the Skrulls’ not being evil bad guys practically took me out of the film.

Last edited by wktf; 03-25-2019 at 02:35 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #746
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Same on both counts.

That said, the Skrulls’ not being evil bad guys practically took me out of the film.
I had an idea of how they could play off that in a future "Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion" movie is in the 25 years the Skrull rebuilt but the next generation is divided. Some want to live in peace, but some are bitter about the genocide and want revenge.

Carol discovers it and has to deal with it being partially on her conscience that while she believed the best in them the Skrulls are not a monolith. Perhaps she has to thwart a plan by a rogue Skrull to kill countless Kree.

Just an idea, I don't think anything is set, especially given the time skip.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #747
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The fact that Talos has a young daughter in CM leads me to believe she may play a role in future Marvel films set in the present.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #748
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I am not watching this in theatres
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:02 PM   #749
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
The fact that Talos has a young daughter in CM leads me to believe she may play a role in future Marvel films set in the present.
i think shes the future skrull queen veranke which will lead into secret invasion
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #750
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Same on both counts.

Yeah, the whole warm and fuzzy amphibian people felt wrong when you've known who the Skrulls are for the last 50 years. The Kree of course are a very complex lot and aren't as bad as they've been portrayed in the movies either. The fact that Galactus is actually the one who destroyed the Skrull homeworld in the comics was also something I was thinking about in this movie.

The main thing I've had to do is remember that the movie verse can't take away all of the great stories from the comics that I've enjoyed over the years. I didn't like them changing Mar-Vell so much, but I also didn't like what they did to the Rhino in the Andrew Garfield Spider Man movies either. But, hey...there's nothing I can do about it other than stop going to these movies and since I'm not going to do that, I'll enjoy them for what they're worth. Well...except for the Dark Phoenix storyline. I won't be going to Fox's 2nd attempt at butchering my all time favorite comic book storyline. The worst part is, now that Marvel owns the X-Men properties I can't see them doing the Dark Phoenix storyline and doing it right because it would be going back to this storyline a 3rd time and there are many, many stories to tell. I wish Marvel would just $#!t can this new Dark Phoenix movie mess from Fox, but they probably can't at this point...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote